1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long after Gall bladder sugery to shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Just wondering been 4 days haveing withdrawl.

Thanks to all my trap friends who have called!!

See you at practice tomorrow shooting or not I got to get out of the house.

Jerry Lewis , Busti Trap Club

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Ummm, maybe ask your surgeon?

I had mine done in the dead of winter, so I was long since healed before I tried to shoot.

Remember, you've got three puncture wounds in your abdominal muscles. My doctor likened them to stab wounds.

Give it a week or so.

But the best answer comes from your doctor, not from anybody on this forum.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had mine removed two weeks ago (June 11,2010), the Surgeon said nothing for at least two weeks ... I also had them lazer some kidney stones, if you want to feel something that you never want to feel again try them kidney stones, even busted up they feel like boulders ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

oh been there done kidney stones they are horrid gunna wait another week at least. I just need to get out of the house thank GOD the kids arent home all day or I would be nuts.

Jerry

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

After they removed mine.. The doctor told me 3 weeks..

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

At a minimum, wait until the anesthesia affects are completely gone.

Pat Ireland

7. Mike

Mike Member

Not all surgeries go the same. The gall bladder lies next to to liver, sometimes the liver wraps around it. Not uncommon to have some liver bleeding during the surgery (either method), sometimes they have to work hard to stop the bleeding, applying spray sealants and other procoagulants. Sometimes there is a bile leak. Sometimes they place a drain. Listen to your doctor, sometimes you need to read between the lines. Mik

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

went for a walk as per doctor this pm got a lil sore and winded quick I am conservatively say I am gunna be another 2 weeks before
    I am even ready to try again. Guess I am stuck on the BS bench till then.

Jerry

9. DocJim

DocJim Member

As usual this depends upon your individual case and a conversation with YOUR doctor. Every case differs in age, general health, difficulty of procedure, and presence or absence of post-op complications. Be safe, depend on your doctor for answers not your shooting buddies..................AJ

10. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

"Subject: How Long after Gall bladder sugery to shoot?
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Jun 28, 2010 - 09:39 PM ET
    Website Address:
    I am amazed that people actually believe they can get answers to their medical questions on a trap shooting site. Unless shooting from the back line qualifies one to answer medical questions. If I can't communicate with my doctor I think it would be time to find a new doctor."

DOH!!!!

if it is any comfort, there are people at music sites, motorcycle sites, and car sites that seem to rely more on their cohort than their doctor as well. Sometimes I regret that the common man does not have direct access to Px drugs.

11. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I did not try shooting very quickly after my surgery but I did try doing other things and probably did too much too soon and hurt for quite a while because of it. I felt fine after about 1 week but then hurt for 5 more weeks. One day about 6 weeks after the surgery I remember just feeling fine and could do about anything. I did have the laproscopic surgery where they just cut 3 or 4 small holes and basically suck it out.

12. Charkat1

Charkat1 Member

I went through this procedure last April and it took a good 3 - 4 weeks before I felt able to shoot. Pay attention to what your doctor advises and also LISTEN to what your body is telling you. You will tire quickly because you went through major surgery. Just because they cut four small holes doesn't mean it's an inconsequental procedure. It's major surgery! Your body has gone through trauma. Be patient, you'll get there.

When you're able to return to shooting, break them all and have a great time!

Charlene

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my Cardioligist is a trapshooter ... The Surgeon who removed my gall bladder isn't, but I will confirm that with her and find out why not ... The Uroligist is kind of a pissy guy and I don't think he would fit in well with most trapshooters, but his Assistant sure would and she is a sweet heart besides being real easy on the eyes ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. BWPBeretta

BWPBeretta TS Member

Your body should let you know. If it was done the old fashion way it would be weeks, if done the new way laproscopicly could be next week.

My expieience was with laproscopic and it was done on a Monday afternoon. I walked around that night and was home the next morning. The following Saturday I shot 200 singles. The only restrictions my doctor gave me was not to lift anything real heavy so I went to the car to get my shells for the 2nd 100. If in doubt ask your doctor.

15. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Forget what the boob who did the surgery tells you. What does he know? He can't tell a choke tube from a forcing cone. Trapshooters give the best medical advice...just don't pay attention to the spelling or grammar, it's not that important anyway.

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

It was 6 years before I was shooting trap when I had mine done!

The Doctor did it the old way ... cut me open big enough to stick his head in and look around. BUT ... I was back to work in 14 days ... climbing ladders and painting.

( I was into rifle and pistol competition back then ... didn't discover Trap until 1973.)

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.