1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long After Angioplasty?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdogs, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

How long must you wait after having a stent installed before resuming shooting?

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

What did your doctors tell you?

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

He didn't say anything. I don't think he would know, not being familiar with shooting.

Also, I shoot left-handed.

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Good question. I don't think it matters but just call your Cardiologist. They will give you a definite answer.

Prob gonna bruise easier.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

My cardiologist insisted that I wait a full week before shooting again ... he said it would give the stint time to settle in and not move.

6. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

My Dr. said to wait two weeks,but I gave myself a month off.Better safe than sorry.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

My Cardiologist is also a trapshooter, he said two to three weeks to give it a chance to heal good and not get displaced ... Just so happened there was nothing that I had to shoot for about a month and I shot the next shoot on a squad with my Cardiologist ... I figured I'd keep him close by just in case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm out until August.

9. thunder

thunder Active Member

I'm left handed, don't know if it would make any difference right or left. My doctor said 6 to 8 weeks each time I had it done. He is very familiar with trapshooting. I waited the full 8 weeks to be sure.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Andy

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The man that did your surgery is the one you should ask. The people on here that said 2 weeks or three weeks are telling you what their doctor told them. We are all different and have different bodies. Ask the doctor!

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I didn't have the Angioplasty but i had a Heart Cath done last year and my Cardiologist had me wait 2 weeks after it. I did wait but felt i could have done it sooner. I just couldn't get the thought of busting that hole open in my crotch and bleed'n to death on the Trap field. Of course there could have been worse places to die.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was reading a few articles about Heart Cath and Angioplasty, I would imagine that where they placed the "Stent" would have a lot to do with how long to wait after it is placed ... I have two stents, the first one was placed in an area where I was told to wait 6 to 8 weeks before doing anything like shooting, bowling, and excessive exercise, the second one was 2 to 3 weeks ... I would consult the Doctor who did the procedure and take their word for it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting trap after angioplasty

stents and trap shooting