1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by slic lee, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

In NY State the Assembly passed a law that all new semi auto pistols when fired must stamp the cartridge with a certain binary code number. Has not reached the other house yet.
    How can a law like this be passed when no such technology exists. Lee

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

You mean to tell me that politicians can create laws that are impossible to enforce? Isn't that like, in the words of Princess Pelosi, "Having to pass the bill so we can find out what's in the bill" ?? What this proposal does mean is that nobody in New York will be able to buy another new hand gun until that technology does exist. Heck, With Schumer and Clinton over there, what do you have to worry about anyway?

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And I'll bet dollars to donuts the police are exempt from this law.

Firearms manufacturers need to stop selling firearms to state governments that enact laws like this. No new guns whatsoever to state or local police, and no warranty or service on any firearm purchased via an unauthorized source. It's well past time to make government abide by the same laws they foist on citizens.

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Slic please post a link to where you got this information since I can't find it anywhere.

I'd really like to read about it.

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Jerry-its posted on the NRA new alert sheet as well as the NYS assembly new bills LEE

6. Jerry944t

Slick I think this was tried in California a few years ago and soundly defeated. If it can't pass in that state I wouldn't worry too much.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

It to bad the arm manufacture's and ammo company's didn't have men of conviction that wanted to protect the second amendment!

If they are not under contract with law enforcement agency's to supply them with arms and ammo, don't sell to any that support the anti's!

Same with "dealers" your state,county,and city's that don't stand for Freedom, don't sell to them!

And if they turn to the military to get supplied, you stop supplying the military.

It would take a "United" citizenry to make it work, BUT since we are no longer "United" it will never happen.

Voting the anti's out of office has always been the easiest way to deal with them, BUT we have a electorate that is to party based and think you have to accept the lesser of two evils!

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Edmund Burke would say: “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Empathy and lack of vigilance will eventually erode our second ammendment rights beyond recognition. Even if it's legal to shoot, eventually very few will be able to afford it (much less the insurance the government will likely mandate).

-Gary

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Jerry944t, California actually passed the law.

"Microstamping legislation was passed in California AB 1471 and signed into law on October 14, 2007, but specifically exempts law enforcement." (Wikipedia)

According to calgunlaws.com, "The law only takes effect 'provided that the Department of Justice certifies that the technology used to create the imprint is available to more than one manufacturer unencumbered by any patent restrictions.' The current technology is not only unreliable, it is also encumbered by a patent. For those reasons, AB 1471 has yet to be implemented."

10. Jerry944t

Thanks MTA Tom that's an interesting link. I stand corrected. Hopefully it will never be implemented since the main problem would be the cost of ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.