1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the "World Shooting Complex"??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

How is the

Hello all, my school SCTP team here in central Iowa qualified for the national championships at Sparta at the fancy shooting complex. My coach just called me and asked if I'd be willing to go, and told me if he can get 5 guys that are willing to go, we would go. My question is for anyone that's shot there for the Grand or has went to the SCTP championships there before, what was your experience? Was it well organized and did they make an enjoyable shoot? I guess this would be directed more towards the people that went to the SCTP championships before, but I'm just looking for opinions. I don't want to go if it's just going to be a waste of time standing around with our fingers up our noses...Thanks, Josh.

2. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

How is the

If you don't go you are the loser. It is big, great targets and background, Just a really nice place to shoot. Downside, it can be very hot and you will need to being your shade. Go, have a great time, and break them all......Roger

3. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

How is the

Josh, If you have a chance to go by all means go, we took our team last tear for the first time last year and had a wonderful Hot time it was 106 both days we shot with no shade , they have a Mans outdoor mall for anything in the shooting industry that is made and every gun company is there, you will love it... Smokin' Dragons from Kentucky , Ricky

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

How is the

Thanks for the quick replies. I live in Iowa which means we have the same weather as Illinois so the hot weather is no big deal to me, I'm used to it (would rather have snow though...). I guess I'll call my coach back and tell him I'd be willing to go. Hope he finds 4 other guys to go as our team isn't really that big. Thanks, Josh.

5. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

How is the

Hi Josh, Unless you have at least 3 other shooters from your qualifying squad, you won't be able to compete for prizes. The new rules for this year is that you are only allowed one substitution from the original squad. The reason I know this is my 2 daughters shot and won in the state of Ohio, and each of them had a chance to go also. The problem is that we have 11 kids interested in going to the Grand but they shot on different squads and we can not gather those same kids to make up one qualifying squad even though they are from the same club. My husband called to see if they would make a change to the rule so that other teams that face the same problem would be able to attend, and the NSSF person said there would be not change for this year. Last year it was 2 substitutions allowed. The NSSF person said that they could still shoot during those days, but their scores wouldn't count. We have gone the last two years, and with the exception of the heat, had a great experience. Now this year our girls will not have the chance to compete as a SCTP squad. They will shoot other events later in the week, but their team mates will not be coming. So if you get the chance to compete with your original squad, do it because you may be faced with the same problem we have, and not get another opportunity to shoot at the Grand in the SCTP Championship.

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

How is the

OK, so what if a shooter that was on the original squad graduated from school this year, and aged out of the SCTP program? Can that person still participate in the shoot? I suppose I could find this answer if I looked through the SCTP rule book. Thanks for the information, Josh.

7. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

How is the

We were told that they have to be the same shooters from the original squad that qualified and only one substitution is allowed. In our case, we do have kids of the same age group but shot on different squads at our state shoot last week. So we had hoped to combine several of those kids to form a squad that was interested and able to go to the Grand. We were told that if it was more than one change, they could not compete. They could go and just shoot for fun without prizes. So unless you can get your same squad back together, you will not be eligible for prizes and your scores will not count. It is a real shame because the whole idea behind the program is to promote the shooting sports, and all they are doing is discouraging many kids by enforcing this rule. Not everyone is able to send their kids and it hurts the ones that are able to go. I guess they think this will eliminate cheaters from fielding a ALL STAR SQUAD, but cheaters will always find a way around the rules. Now alot of innocent kids and families will be hurt because of this. What a SHAME!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.