1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the temp WPT?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Just wondering what the temp is in AZ? The high will be in the 70s today, here in S. Indiana. Still a little too warm for me, but it is the 1st of July after all, so I guess we gotta get used to it.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's a dry heat though Rick. LOL

WPT is probably out busting clays, or walkin 18, or out jogging, or maybe out cutting some firewood for the coming winter.

3. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

104 here in Queen Creek, AZ , going to 111 today. As pointed out above....it's a dry heat.

Ernie ....in AZ.

4. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I am in Las Vegas for business. It was only 117 on Sunday.

It is supposed to cool off today with a high of 116. I can not wait to get back north to cooler temperatures.

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

No such thing as global warming is there?

6. 100straight

100straight Member

It might be hot now, but the records were set 100 years ago. Was there global warming back then?

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jerry I don't think global warming has anything to do with it, because it is about 80 here in Texas, so it all averages out unless you are a scientist or someone else who will benefit from spewing about global warming

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I don't know Cat. I live in PA and the weather in the last 5 years has been unusual to say the least. Warm winters with very little snow. Really hot Springs and dangerously hot Summers.

Lots of rain, Hurricanes and tornado watches.

No doubt the glaciers are melting and we are pouring tons of hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.

You don't have to be a scientist to notice a trend. I'm certainly not qualified but I do have an ability to observe and form opinions.

Having said that you are entitled to yours.

Of course this will degenerate into a political thread because of certain people who just have to inject political spew into everything.

I don't think the weather cares much who is in office.

Cheers,

Jerry

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

But it seems for ever hot spot there is a cool spot to even out the weather, last winter while you were warmer we were colder, it seems to even out, unless you are getting grant money for your pet scientific project, then they kind of seem to pick and choose when data they promote

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

See, these people don't even know what global warming is!!!! lol

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Here in the northeast (WNY at least) we've had the coolest, wettest spring/summer I can ever remember. Its 67 and raining right now, and they're calling for the same tomorrow. Should be sunny and in the high 70s/low 80s. The ground has been so saturated since winter that any rain we get just sits on top and doesn't absorb. The back yard is a mud pit, and there is a puddle in the front yard that hasn't completely dried in about a month. We've basically been stuck in "fall" since last September.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sorry, I was out on a trek up at Camelback Mountain after walking the dog and taking him on a mile run early this AM (5:00) ... It was 119 yesterday and a balmy 118 today, supposed to cool off a bunch by tomorrow (111) ... 18 first thing in the AM after walking my dog and taking him for his run ... This is only for a few weeks, not like winter in the Midwest ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The entire subject of global warming (now conveniently changed to climate change because the global warming data was found to be a pack of lies) was political from the get-go. Al Gore is a lying bag of excrement and he is the godfather of global warming.

I'm not saying there isn't any global climate change taking place. I'm saying if there is we don't really know what's causing it, we do know the climate changed radically before the industrial revolution, and we darn sure know that any politician who says he/she has the answers and we must trash our liberties and live in mud huts to solve this "problem" is a damn liar.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WPT,

My boy is at Twentynine Palms, CA Marine Base. It has been 115 degrees the last few days and over 100 for weeks now. He isn't too fond of the 100+ degree dry heat. Him and his Platoon buddies fried eggs on the asphalt yesterday. It gets hot and humid here in Southern Illinois but rarely temp wise over 100 or at least any length of time. I don't know how you do it. I guess you get use to it.?.?.?
    grntitan_2009_2503145.jpg

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

WPT, glad to hear you had a nice run today, up the mountain. I thought you might of been passing out ice water and gatorade to the illegals crossing the desert. LOL

Take care.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

The humidity was 8% so it is dry, you have to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and I'm talking a lot ... When you open the door to walk outside its like standing in front of a hairdryer ...

Bisi:

Next week, but then we get accused of baiting them ...

My wife hasn't been using the hair dryer, just stand outside for a few minutes and good to go ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

I'm glad we are cool up here in the northwest ,,We were only 107 in Moses Lake yesterday ,our humidity was 23%,,,MX8Dave

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

We have a beautiful morning here in MN today...56 degrees.

Global warming..hahaha, Our opener for fishing here in northern MN (mother's day) was canceled, so some guys got out their ice augers and went ice fishing. The ice did not go out until the thrid week of May, the second longest ice-out in MN history.

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Scientist know the last mini Ice Age was in the 1400' - 1500's. In total time span vs the earth's life span, that is like a pimple on a knat's butt.

Volcanos and sunbursts affect our global warming more than anything man has ever done.

So why are the some scientists going along with this scheme?.....research money from political sources who gain from new taxes based on global warming prevention.

A scheme and hoax.

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

its going to be triple digits here today, nothing new.

Ever notice that when the first heat wave hits now, the "global warmist" come out in force, and when the first "cold snap" happens the "climate change" alarmist rear their heads!!!