1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the police presence at the Grand?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by primed, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Are there as many police as last year? Do they still make everyone drive to the far west end to enter?

Thanks

Bob

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

The one way traffic is only for a short period at the end of the day, to get everyone out of the grounds, the rest of the day, you can go both ways at all entrances.

3. hairy

hairy TS Member

Caught these two on Stuart's webcam. Are they DNR?

4. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

NO, I don't think so. I think that they are State Police. Usually the Illinois DNR Police have brown belts and holsters and the State Police Black finished leather goods.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

why, are they after you?

6. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

There are state police and conservation officers on the grounds but are very nice and seem to be enjoying the shooters.

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Why? Are you wanted? lol

8. primed

primed Well-Known Member

No. I'm not wanted. Just had a background check and all is well. Last year there were so many cops and so little need for them that they looked bored and I saw several sleeping at the traffic tents and in their cars. I have to believe that the 2006 Grand was the most boring duty that many have experienced. Kind of like watching paint dry. And I don't think the traffic work they did was at all necessary. Better traffic flow than Vandalia by design but eaily 30 cops on duty at times last year compared with two or three evident at Vandalia. Simply put, I see about 27 out of the thiry as wasted assets and I'm sure they would agree.

FWIW

Bob

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Hehehe< I was just kidding ya.

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Hehehe< I was just kidding ya.

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

what kind of presents are they giving.

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

If you're not nice they will be glad to give you an overpriced ticket to the policeman's cotillion.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I agree with you. I like having a uniformed officer around. I have one renting a townhouse from me and I discount his rent a bit. It is nice having a police car parked in front of the complex.

I do sometimes wish they were not as good at checking traffic speed with their radar guns as I am at checking target speed with mine.

Pat Ireland

14. atashooter

atashooter Member

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

There were a few around in the am (2 at Route 4, 3 before the first entrance, 2 poor guys manning a very small tent at the sign-in building entrance, and maybe a couple others? scattered around). By afternoon they weren't as visible, except for a few of the locals doing drive throughs. When I left at 5, I didn't see any. When you consider the size of the place, I guess there should be a few around. Felt sorry for them, had to have been a long day.

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Pat Ireland

"I like having a uniformed officer around". I agree. I like haveing "A" uniformed officer around. I don't enjoy tripping over them in large numbers.

Bob

17. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I hope the same ones are there that caught the guy that tryed to steel a gun last year.
    Allen

18. smartass

smartass TS Member

I know guns are made of steel, but exactly how do you steel one?

19. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

For the life of me I do not understand what all the comments about the law enforcement offers last year. They were ther in force because our EOC made them believe that we would have 10K in attendance. We all know this was exagerated. Who was the blame??? Certainly was not the State of Illinois Police. Possibly it might have been someone from our organization. God forbid.

Their presence was appreciated by almost all. Except for a couple of naysayers that always post the ills and never the positives. I did not have the opportunity to attend this year. I sincerely hope they are in force next year. (One of the reasons I am unable to attend is the lack of proper law enforcement) So be it. - Jim

20. sunbroker

sunbroker TS Member

It is a misuse of the Police force in my opinion. Overkill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.