1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the Cardinal Classic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dds4horse, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

Just wondering how the Cardinal Classic is going? Is there a good turnout? Hoping to be there tomorrow.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Just left there - beautiful weather - steady stream of campers coming in - hcp going but about normal for prelim day. Noticeable lack of youngsters (school in session for most I guess)

3. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

The shoot is going great! Perfect weather, good targets, nice group of vendors. The grounds are well mowed. It is just what you think of when you are looking for a real shoot to go to.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I just don't know how it could have been any better than today at the Cardinal Classic. The weather was perfect, I saw 2 broken targets out of the 1000 thrown in front of me, the entry building went quick, and I talked with a bunch of nice people. I shot with a young man (70ish) who had his first 100 straight and my Dad also had 100 in our squad. I think everyone but me had a camper there. I was told that the campground was sold out and I believe it as they were setting campers behind banks 1-4 where the vendors had been previously. Thanks to the Fishburns and Cardinal Classic tournament management for a great day.
    Doug Allison

5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Leaveing in the morning for Cardinal. I really appreciate the short drive,100 miles. Everything you need within 10 miles or less. The Sparta Grand is a long haul for me,but I have only missed 1 shoot there. Was glad to see a lot of my Ohio & Illinois shooter friends there. I have 52 or 53 Grand attendance now, lost count. Gonna try for 55 if possible? Sparta is an outstanding facility,just the location.
    Clyde Doll

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

BTW, according to rjstuart, it looks like Kurt Fohl enjoyed his day at the Cardinal Center as well. He had 100 in both the singles and the handicap. Now that is a great day!
    Doug Allison

7. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

90 and sunny for tomorrow should be beautiful look forward to some good shooting.. Take care all

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I have to say.. today I watched the best targets flying that I have ever seen at CC. My hat's off to who ever set the traps in front of my vend spot !!

Jerry B

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Todays Hdcp 1-100 5-99s-numerous 98s and 97s. Targets just hung there to be broken.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Good people, Great food, Great weather, What is not to like ? I did have to wait 3 minutes to talk with Roger Brenner (LOL). Wow was he a busy man!! Roger , you need to give your wife a bonus!!!. It was great to see our friend from PA. Thanks to all for a great day!! Glenn Allison
    ps I did see one dandelion which I plucked right away !! Sorry I just had to add that, Glenn

11. dink

dink Member

How could it not be a great shoot. It's in Ohio.

12. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I overheard where Jaquas had a great Grand, sales wise.
    Less people, (aka tire kickers, like me) but more buyers.

Cardinal sales looked busy Wed.

Regards.....Gerald

13. Donm

Donm Active Member

90 degree's. OMG how can you stand the heat. I thought it was never supposed to be over 75 in Ohio.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And we have grass and no weeds?

15. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Setterman,

Come by my vend space tomorrow.. you'll see both. LOL

16. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Must be (god) oops i mean Brad got the weedwhackin done.

17. Setterman

FlaLagarto, So you are saying the Cardinal maintenance/condition is no better than the WRSC? You should file a complaint to Jack.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I was there on Wednesday, first time. What a great shooting club, lay-ed out great, easy parking. I don't know how a shooting club could be any better. Maybe a good restaurant and bar? I have been to a lot of clubs in my 37 years of shooting. From the West Coast to the East Coast, and the Cardinal Center is as good as it gets.....

19. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Will NEVER be a bar on the grounds.

20. Setterman

dry township! A new restuarant/bar is scheduled to be located 4 miles North of the grounds on 61.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.