1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is that for PIG SHOOTING?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RidefastShootstraight, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgL-xBEF2WI

2. RidefastShootstraight

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

sorry think thats pointless, get on the ground give them piggy's a chance to chase your ass down. With a herd that big They just might gang up on your ass. I hope this was a "thinning of the herd" managment shoot? I really dont think they will remember and find those shot. Left there for the scavangers Im sure. Dont eat it dont shoot it. Same with P dog hunting(not) They maybe over populated in areas but a pointless activity

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

What do they do with all the dead pigs????????

Jim

5. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

looks like somebody had one heck af a hog roast!

6. piranha2

piranha2 TS Member

Buzzards need to eat, too.

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

what would Arnold think? my son once wanted me to buy him a pet pig. my wife said no to that. son asked why? wife said his collar would be hung above the stove. nothing better than ribs, with sauce up to your elbows with lots of coleslaw. what was the name of the restuarant that hawkeye pierce ordered ribs from ? what did they forget to order?
    steve balistreri

8. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

MAC1911.

Prairie Dog shooting may be pointless to you, but I assure you it's not to the range land owner and livestock raiser. You do realize don't you, that they get a big dose of poison also. You sound like a person that likes what you do, but the activity others engage in is pointless to you. You are a good poster child for the antis.

Chuck C.

9. Derek

Derek TS Member

Nine shots and only got seven ?

Derek

10. 5spd

5spd TS Member

You are really out of touch especially in the p-dog arena, you have obviously never had them devestate your property, injure your animals, damage your vehicles....& so on. You do what you like, we will do what we have to & without your misguided input....Bluehaze you said it very well, 1911 is another anti with all the wrong information as usual with that group.

11. RidefastShootstraight

macellan1911:

If you read the info on this footage you will know this is a culling operation,
    pigs have fair enough chance since we opted to use rifles instead of semiauto shotguns with buck shots, anyone who'd ever shot anything from helicopter should know how hard it is ,plus it was not as if we were never on the ground facing some serious charges, it is just your ignorance prompted you to judge others...

12. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

Well, I am impressed with the riflemans skill. Not at all impressed with the whole process. That is the stuff the anti' s like to use

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I sure as hell wouldn't want him shooting at me from that chopper. That's not his first time at the dance. Decent size caliber from the way they dropped. Couldn't tell what make of rifle it was.

AJ

14. RidefastShootstraight

calibre is the good old .308 Win , 150 grain soft point factory Federal Powershok.

Rifle is STEYR Scout with the front "dust cover" removed.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

WOW That is good shooting. It was definitely herd mangaement.

It looks like Jeff Cooper was right about his Scout Rifle Concept.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>maclellan1911, quote: "sorry think thats pointless, get on the ground give them piggy's a chance to chase your ass down. With a herd that big They just might gang up on your ass. I hope this was a "thinning of the herd" managment shoot? I really dont think they will remember and find those shot. Left there for the scavangers Im sure. Dont eat it dont shoot it. Same with P dog hunting(not) They maybe over populated in areas but a pointless activity."</i><br>
    <br>
    Why is there always some gun owner who spouts off with Zumboesque statements that serve only to splinter gun owners as a whole?<br>
    <br>
    Keep in mind your statement when some shooters say they see no need for anyone to own a handgun, like your 1911. Or when others say they couldn't care less about the closing of trap ranges, because it's not their cup of tea.<br>
    <br>
    I really hope some day ALL gun owners will unite, instead of Balkenizing the pro-gun movement, allowing the anti's to cut us up piecemeal.<br>
    <br>

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

mac1911-

You showed your ass on this one. It clearly says PEST in the heading. I guarantee that if you didn't shoot trap, you'd be a left wing anti. Also, notice which animals he's shooting: big mature females. Wake up.

18. Kent

Kent TS Member

blizzard, I disagree with the theroy of just shooting the boars. It only takes "one" to breed hundreds of sows. Take out females and for each hit you keep them in check for a much longer time.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Reread my post, management is one thing. Boys with $$$ and toys? OK buy all the guys ganging up on me. DID NOT READ MY POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I said is "pointless" unless it was a Mnagement shoot? Then again I also have a part of me that thinks Why we humans think we know whats best for mother nature.
    sorry to upset the prarie dog hunters. carry on. As far as the youtube heading it may/maynot be accurate?

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

PS I was hunting long before I started shooting trap, which then I thought was dumb, go figure. I also despised golf. Then learned how to play and love it. By now means am I anti anything. In fact Im anti anti. BUT when presented with a offer of my point of veiw, well you will get it. Like, you may or may not. Thats up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.