1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is Las Vegas as a place to winter?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by mallard2, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

0   0   0

Great new gun club there. How would it be to live in Vegas say November through April?

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Should not have a problem finding housing.....

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

a lot of the time it is nice; windy at times; a little snow and rain.
    dave

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

0   0   0

Nice. Typical desert. Summer is a no, no. Hot like 115 during the day and drops to 110 at night. Fred

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I shot at their Fall Shoot some years ago and during a 100 target event we started with the temps in the low 90's and party cloudy -- and before I finished my 100 targets we shot in a moderate rain then in a little heavier rain and strong winds (delay from to many flying objects) and ended with snow heavy enough to obscure visibility --- and an hour after I finished it was almost clear and in the mid-80's.

Certainly not typical but winds are always a concern during the winter,

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Talking about living in Las Vegas.

Buying a place is not a problem these days, I have many friends bought decent houses lower than replacement cost. Condos are available almost everywhere, at bargain prices. But utility bills will get you somehow.

7. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

0   0   0

How about pulling the 5th wheel there? Are there good upscale RV places good for a month or two?

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mallard, stay there at the Shooting Complex in their covered RV spaces for people who work there and do a tradeout of 15 hours per week of work for a months rent. Full hook ups and covered along with barbeque. Nice facilities and very clean.

9. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You might want to take a look at Tucson Trap & Skeet.

jim brown

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a son who lives in Vegas. Housing is really depressed so easy to find and reasonable. It is an awesome place to winter, lots to do, great food and great gun Club which is managed by Steve Charmichael who is one of the best

11. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks, guys, very helpful information. It might be fun to work at the club a little - neat idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.