1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How is a good way?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

How do you all think would be a good way to trade guns on this site? I realize neither person knows the other so I was Just wondering the best way to handle the transaction?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I want to talk with the other person, at least on the telephone and maybe with some e-mails. Have a very good description of what you're selling or find out the reverse if you're buying. Make sure all the details are understood by both parties. Agree on method of payment and any caveats regarding a return of the gun if necessary. Always expect or offer a 3 day inspection period so that the buyer can reject the sale over that brief time if the gun just doesn't fit or was not described properly. Know that you'll have to send it to a licensed gun dealer who then can pass it on to the buyer and there will be a fee most likely from that dealer. I like to have a dealer send it to a dealer to cover all concerns. If the other party is close enough for a face to face sale, even better. Be honest and expect honesty in what you read and hear from the buyer. If it doesn't feel good, don't do it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

If it is possible, a "face to face" transaction is surely the most desirable. (If you have to travel a couple of hundred miles, so be it). Now if it is not possible, I would check out the search engine on this site and see if the person is a continual contributor and/or respondent. You can somewhat judge a person by his/her responses, Email them and talk to them on the phone. Then, coordinate the transaction through your local FFL. I have bought and sold a number of guns on this site; without a problem. The shooters on this site are very honest. (However, I suppose there will always be an exception to this). We kind of "police" ourselves; and if a person has been taken advantage of, we will surely assist, (if possible), in helping a fellow shooter in finding a solution to a problem. Good Luck. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.