1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How high will the RP ser # BT-99 shoot ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Mine shoots fairly high, in fact it will shoot straight up if ya hold it there. Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Seriously, I have never patterened mine, all I know is that it will do the job for me.

Don't know if there are more than one height or not.

Gne J

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

John, I have an RP that shoots very high. I hold it about 12" under the bird at 27 yds

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Not to argue but it is my belief that RR will shoot higher than an RP. Browning used reverse letters; e.g., RS were made the year prior to RR's and so on. My BT-99 is an RN which was made in 1978 which I purchased in 1979 and shot very flat (about 6" high from a flat stock 34" IM barrel). I was always told to avoid RS & RR's unless you want a 12" high shooter. The RR's were made around 1976 give or take a year. It is to my understanding that Browning would correct the height issue if you were not pleased with your gun. Feel free to disagree. BT-100dc

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

Stubs, I have an RR but it has been my go to gun for 32 years and I would never sell it. You might want to get in touch with Rastoff. He has one but seems to be looking at other guns lately.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have an RR 34" and patterned using a stacked bead picture, it shoots 90% with Wally World Federals and 100% with Silver handicap AA's...hope that helps John

6. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

I shot an RP this weekend which I might buy, I normally shoot 100% high and the BT shot right where I was looking, it has to be at 100% high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.