1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How hard is it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Murman

Murman Member

May 4, 2010
    Why is the ATA still operating under this old system for classification? I'm coming at this as a novice shooter that does not have registered experience. But I have 25 years of playing golf and using the GHIN system (Golf Handicap Index Network?). I know golfers outnumber trapshooters and they have figured out a system to keep handicap. Why not something similar for trap. I'm sure most clubs have a computer for shooters to enter their scores, or maybe entered via smartphone, or when the shooter gets home. Whatever!

Is the GHIN perfect? No! There are sandbaggers in every sport. Maybe classification and punches take a week to go into effect, maybe only x# of your last scores count really good ones and really bad ones get thrown out. But come on, there has to be a better way! Just because it was always done a certain way doesn't make it right to keep doing it!!!?

Flame away,

Eric Murray