1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How hard is it to change the trigger guard?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bolick, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolick

bolick TS Member

I have a Krieghoff Model 32 and need to change the trigger guard. Is this something I can do myself or is it best left to a pro? Thanks.

Chris

2. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Chris,

Have never owned a model 32 but my K-80 is a breeze, unscrew the screw at the rear of the trigger guard ( on releasing the rear screw the guard should raise slightly so you can turn the guard without marking the stock) then turn guard (it has thread at the front) anti clockwise until screws out, every thing in reverse to put back on .

Regards,

Release Trigger.

3. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Not that easy on a model 32.... The barrel selector is in the way. You have to remove extra pieces internally to get the barrel selector out of the way. Not too hard but if you aren't comfortable taking the internals of your gun apart then best left to a pro.

Paul

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I hate to throw the bullsh card , but the front screw ,for k-32 or the stud on K-80 trigger guard holds the cross pin for the hammers in place and needs to be fitted. Much easier on K-32 as simple filling of the screw is neccassary instead of file and broach work on K-80. Jeff

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Let me change my statement, two screws took my k32 guard off but had to remove barrel selector to put on new k80 trigger guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.