1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how far is far enough?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

i just got back from trap shooting, and at one point the fuse blew on the trap house so we had to move down two traps. when i finished that round a couple of skeet shooters were in the process of chewing out the score keeper because we were too close to the skeet range. they said that we were in their fall zone so i pointed out that we were 5 traps from the high skeet house, it doens't seem to me that #9 shot would make it that far. there was also the fact that to be pointing a gun at us, standing on the 16 yard line the skeet guys would have had to be pointing the gun on the opposit side of the high tower, they would have shot the stairs going into the house so you tell me how far can #9 shot travel and whats the possibility its going to loop 45 degrees or more off course? i also wonder how much energy a #9 pellet would have at say, 200 yards?

2. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

coho, don't worry bout it, that is just skeet shooters, i was working some bird dogs one time, in a field prolly 300 or so yds. from a group shootin skeet, and one of them ( a chronic bitcher), bout had a high speed come apart, cause he could see me and the dogs, distracted him, and we had a little disscusion bout that, basically told him to go f*** off...dk

3. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

With respect to all shooters Skeet or otherwise. I got peppered working on a 5 stand machine a couple weeks back from a shooter on #7 of a skeet field. I was 6 traps way I knew the shooter. He was shooting 8's.I didnt get hurt but the shot carried that far 3 outta 5 shots. Point is you need to have your head on a swivel and be mindful of where you are on any range.
    Be careful out there guys!

Dennis

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It usually doesn't stop a bunch of skeet shooters practicing right next to guys shooting trap and dodging target shards. I've been cut in the face more than once by those idiots. They didn't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.