1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your Gun Know the Difference

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Since shot is in the plastic cup of a wad, just how does your shotgun know whether it is 7 1/2's or 8's? Biff

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

By the pressure difference, Biff...sheesh, you've been listening to these bullshit artists long enough, you should know the answer to this...

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I tried to fool my model 12 once but it was too smart for me. I put the shot in upside down but it still broke all the targets. Oh well!! Larry

4. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Trapezoidal incipient precursor wave oscillations increase exponentially with decrease in shot size. Your gun knows what you're feeding it.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

biff, I have no idea how, but it does. My unsingle barrel tells me this all the time. Shoot factory Nitros in 7 1/2 for caps and I score 94. Shoot weenie light 8s and shoot an 86. It's not in my head, because I know light 8s will do the job. So it has to be the barrel making its preferences known.

6. yansica1

yansica1 Member

Hardness of the lead - bigger shot tends to be harder and so may arguably pattern tighter for a given combination of components.

7. biff

biff Active Member

Some guns seem picky about what you are feeding them. Wilkinson programed my Ljutic for 8's, I'm in charge,so it's gonna get some 7 1/2's and like them! Biff

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

At the end of the day.. Some of my very best practice was done with van sweeps.. All the odd and end shells laying on the floor.. Just put the lead on the target.. period..

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I always tell her what I'm sticking in her..............we have no secrets.

only thing....she thinks trap loads are 8 inches long!!

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.