1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How does this work on GunsAmerica???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Auctioneer, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

I bought a gun off of GunsAmerica and it showed the gun, sling and a 10 or 15 round mag. The 15 round mag was in the pic with the gun on the web site. The person who was selling the gun said that he listed the gun and forgot to say the 15 round mag didn't go with the gun. What is the ruling here? I say the mag goes with the sale because it was in the pic. If he didn't want to sell the mag with the gun he shouldn't have put it in the pic with the gun. Am I right or wrong?

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Often you will see guns pictured here with a case that is not included in the sale. If the ad did not say the mag was included there isn't much you can do. His ad should have stated it was not included but you probably should have cleared that up before you bought it. To include an accessory in a picture that is not included in the sale is misleading but if the ad did not say it was included then I don't think the seller has any obligation.

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

Any time that I ever bought a detachable mag autoloader, it came with at least one mag. If someone is selling an autoloader without a mag, they should state that it does not come with a mag, especially if it is shown in the pic with a mag.

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The old bait and switch... pretty it up and only sell the minimum. Good luck in getting it.

5. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Did you already pay for the gun and find the mag missing when you got it? If so, about all you can do is tell the seller you intend to leave very bad feedback over the matter. Perhaps he will reconsider.

If you haven't paid and received yet, you might tell the seller that the absence of the mag is a deal killer (if it is) and see if he wants to lose a sale over a magazine.

Otherwise, I guess you'll have to buy a mag to enjoy the gun.

BTW, is it an expensive mag or is it just the principle?

Bob

6. Auctioneer

0   1   0

The gun did come with a 5 round mag but the other mag in question was in the pic between the gun and the sling on gun wax paper.

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Then that surely makes it appear it was part of the deal. I'd contact the seller and tell him about the feedback.

Bob

8. cementman

cementman Member

0   0   0

Bad deal for you, the buyer. Please advise all of us who the seller might be for us to avoid.

9. Auctioneer

0   1   0

I bought a very nice H+K 300. In the pic was a 10 to 15 round mag. The GunsAmerica ID number is 972823478. I called him and he said that he forgot to say in the add that the mag didn't go with the gun. He all so said that people were telling him that the mag was worth X$'s. I'm sure you all are getting the pic here. Becausae of that he said that he was not selling the mag with the gun but if I wanted it I could pay him X$'s. Look at it and tell me what you all think.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I would not be a happy camper. Everything i've ever bought or sold was on a "what you see is what you get" type of deal when it comes to pics, and if it didn't go with the sale, it wasn't included in the picture (save the occasions OOPS, such as a shoe, ect that was COMPLETELY unrelated to the auction that snuck into a pic). It looks like the seller intended to sell the gun w/ the mag, then did some research and found what it was really worth (I see one sold for $151 on gunbroker), and decided to hold onto it, hoping you didn't notice. I also don't agree with using gun cases, ect as "props" for photography, unless each ad its pictured with includes a disclaimer that its not included, which they don't. Make things as simple and clear cut as possible for your buyer, and you greatly minimize the chance for problems down the line, and save time for yourself and the buyer having to correspond with answers to questions that should have been made clear in the 1st place.

I suppose if you can live with the deal you got, and move forward, OK, but if you wanted to return what you got, for a full refund, you should be able to do that too, under the std 3 day inspection period for such a purchase.

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sounds like total bull crap to me . If this is how it,s done you can put anything in the picture but ship something else .

12. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

WYSIWYG......unless stated otherwise! Kick his A$$ in the feedback if he doesn't ante up the mag!

AndyH ;-)

13. Auctioneer

0   1   0

I tried to leave neg feedback and have yet to be able to. I don't see how I can. If someone knows how I would like to know. He just closed the auction today.

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

put his seeling name and real name on here, he is a scumbag. The auction should have clearly stated you were not getting the mag

15. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

0   0   0

When I buy anything online, I send an email listing the items that I think I am getting and the price I am paying. That way I know we are both on the same page.

As to your deal, I would have thought the magazine in question went with the sale unless it was specifically listed as not part of the transaction.

Your options are limited, but I sure would let him know that I think I got screwed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how does gunsamerica work