1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How does SKB 900 work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by primer, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primer

primer TS Member

I just bought a SKB 900 20ga. I took the barrel off and two rings fell on the floor. One is a thick ring the other a thin ring. Can anyone tell me witch one goes on first or does it make a difference. It seems like a nice shotgun has anyone shot one? Can anyone tell me about them. Thanks

2. 1822fortjesse

1822fortjesse TS Member

I purchased a model 900 new in 1974 and enjoy it still today. A very nice lightweight gun for upland game. I have the original instructions that came with the gun and can send you a copy if you would like. It is only a simple tri-fold assembly/disassembly pamphlet. The thin ring is the friction ring and goes next to the spring. It is reversable for heavy or light loads. The bevel side facing the spring is for light loads, and the bevel side away from the spring is for heavy loads. The thick ring is the brake shoe. It is positioned so that it fits inside the barrel lug. The friction ring exerts pressure on the brake shoe depending on which side of the bevel touches the brake shoe.. Baically looking at rhe magazine tube - you have the spring, then the friction ring, then the brake shoe then the barrell lug.
    call me if you have questions 309-824-0263

3. primer

primer TS Member

I have to say thank you to 1822fortjesse. for his knowledge about the SKB and his kindness for sending me information about the SKB. I have found since I have on Trap Shooters .com so many people that have so much knowledge on so many things. Thanks David for this forum

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Bullfrog- your gun is an abosolute work horse. in the 70's a gun club owner's wife in this area of milwaukee shot this gun, she had a trap model. once a year she sent the gun to be cleaned by the locaL GUNSMITH. HE HAD TO SOKe THE GUN FOR 2 DAYS TO GET THE BARREL OFF. SHE NEVER HAD ANY TYPE OF MALFUNTION. at that time she paid $195.00 for the trap model.
    good luck,
    steve balistreri

5. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

How about the xl900 gas operated version? I always thought they were very light recoiling guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca 900 friction ring setup

ithaca 900 jamming light loads
ithaca 900 rings
ithaca barrel adjustment for light or heavy loads
skb 300 shotgun brake shoe
skb 900 gas ring
skb 900 rings
skb ithaca 900xl disassembly