1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How does PayPal protect a buyer of a firearm

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotslinger, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

Quick question for all of you. How does using PayPal protect an individual who is buying a firearm over the internet?? What are the caveats??

2. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

You don't think you can use paypal to purchase a firearm. As long as they don't know I guess it would be alright.
    Sonny

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Pay Pal is owned by ebay. They are very anti-gun. Pay Pal and/or ebay will be of little assistance in the purchase of a firearm. Actually if Pay Pal becomes aware of the purchase of a firearm they will not be a party to it. Ed

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

I agree with esoxhunter. Their rules state that you can lose your ability to use Paypal if you do. That said I have paid for and taken Paypal for a gun transaction on gunbroker. You can do it as long as Paypal doesn't know what it is for. Now how are you protected in the transaction? I don't think you are at all.

all the best,
    john

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Yep, it is against pay pals rules to be a party to a gun sale. I reluctantly use eBay but will not use pay pal and say so on each and every auction and tell them why not. People will still ask if I will take pay pal lol. John

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How does PayPal protect the buyer of a firearm?<br>
    <br>
    THEY DON'T<br>
    <br>
    If you purchase a firearm via PayPal, you have violated their TOS (Terms Of Service) agreement, which basically means YOU have committed fraud. And PayPal will not pay in cases of fraudulent TOS violations. You're SOL for your firearms purchase.

7. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Pay Pal is a giant rip off. I bought my Grandson a custom sweatshirt that had nothing to do with guns but car stuff. Three months go by, they have my Visa money and nothing, Pay Pal would not do a thing. Finally Visa got involved and credited my account. No more Pay Pal.
    ftlupton

8. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

If someone wants to use Paypal for a purchase, I WILL NOT buy whatever it is they're selling.

9. guncase

guncase TS Member

FINALLY,,a voice of reason about Pay-Pal,,,and E-Bay. Both are the stupidest way to buy or sell something there is.
    E-Bay is so complicated that I can't understand how anyone ever uses it,,, and To give money to a total stranger is Kinda craze anyhow,, but to pay another party to help you give your money away is really dumb!!

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pay-Pal never has and never really will be any type of protection for a buyer but if your the seller you have very great protection with Pay-Pal but as a purchaser you have no protection and almost no recourse in getting your funds back.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Another vote against using paypal. Paypal won't protect you, or stand behind you, for ANYTHING! I, too, will not purchase anything from ANYBODY that insists on using Paypal as payment.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. bgf

bgf Active Member

I have used E-bay and PayPal as a buyer and a seller.

Both have no-gun rules. But, if there is something (like a ram card) that you want and the seller requires PayPal payment...just use your credit card for the purchase. If the deal goes south, contact your credit card company and they will refund your monies and debit PayPal. PayPal will not fight it as far as I know because they have nothing to prove the item was sent. As stated, they are like a escrow for the seller.

That being said, never...LET ME REPEAT - NEVER...give your routing or bank numbers to anyone on the Internet. No one needs that info to make a transaction. Period!!!

Bernie

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

DO NOT USE PAYPAL FOR GUNS, EVER. A guy did use PP to pay for a gun and he was kicked off PP and Ebay. It is a big NO NO. If you do use PP just list it as gun parts, services, books, stockor wood but do not use the words here is payment for the gun I bought. They will kick you off when they find out the money was for a gun. Just use PP under the table when you do buy a gun. In other words be quiet when you do.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Paypal for selling crap on ebay is fine. I have all my money sent to a small savings account wich I clear out regulary. Only keep enough in to keep it open. Yes they do take a bit off the top but beats going to the bank every time a money order comes in or check. Also As a small time ebay seller, I do not take credit cards, Im sure the fees for credit card is higher than pay pal. Im sorry to hear all the bad reviews of ebay. It so far is a easy way to find stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.