1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How does 3 man protection work?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I love to shoot the games but I have never seen 3 man protection. Is that more of an east coast game? How does it work? Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have shot them in 8 different states, not just in the east. It is simple. First man shoots, if he misses, second man can back him up, if he also misses the third man has a chance also. It can be 15 bird or more event. Lots of fun.. I love protection shoots. Here in the west they call them three man buddies. Back in Indiana where I am from they were protections. Some places call them backers. This time of year they are shot a lot. I love the holidays, I can shoot for meat almost any night or weekend somewhere. The games are more fun than ATA to me. My opinion only

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

We shoot a similar game called Oakley. The first guy gets bumped to the front of the line if the he misses and the second guy hits. The third guy can bump the first two guys if they both miss and he hits. If someone hits and the guy behind him shoots then the guy who shot after the target was hit bumps himself. Two bumps and you sit down until next game.

Cost to enter is $3, the club get 1$ and the last man standing gets the 2$.

Line up as many will pay or until the line is full. I have seen 30 in the same game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.