1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you work this deal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Taxidermy, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I made a deal on a Kolar, it was shipped to me UPS and the case was damaged front panel busted and large dent in end of case gun was not damaged and was as described. I contacted the seller about the case and he told me he will turn a claim on it and did, the inspectors from UPS inspected the package and damage, now it was up to me to collect from the seller for a new case from the claim. I called him and he told me they want a invoice on replacement cost from Kolar, and I called Kolar and they email a invoice on replacement. Now the seller that was paid for a new case will not return my calls or PM. What can I do now? thanks Ronnie

2. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Call or write as you have a copy of the documentation, Kolar direct and explain what has happened. They do not want any tarnish on their reputation from some dealer/distributor. Is it possible the dealer is on vacation??

3. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Rem29, this is a Trapshooter.com member not a FFL dealer that it was purchased from. I am the FFL that purchased it! thanks Ronnie

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

My first guess would be along the lines of Rem29. I can't imagine risking my personal reputation on the price of a gun case. When this happened to me, the guy who wasn't responding was out of town tending to a family matter. Ron

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Unless the seller is dead, there's no excuse for not returning a call (even if there's other pressing business).

Shows complete lack of moral integrity.

Curt

FEAB9

6. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Small claims court??

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Publish the guys name for all the trapshooting community to see. Put a little pressure on him.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would give it a little more time, before publishing names. The problem with the system, is the gun, shipping and insurance, is paid by the buyer. The gun is sent. When damage occurs it has to be claimed by the person sending the gun, no longer the owner. While it may be wrong, the seller has now kept his part of the deal, only to have to devote more time, and hassle to complete the sale, and claim. Sometimes people have other obligations, or things lined up after the sale that they are committed to. Also, like what happened on a previous thread, about a problem contacting the seller, things may happen where the seller is unable to respond to calls or email because of an accident, or other life altering consequences. Hopefully, not the case here.

Is it possible that he sent the check straight to Kolar? Do you know he has received the check? I had a claim on some damage that even after the investigation was completed, took three weeks to get the check. I understand the panic that sets in, but you have his number, and address. He can run, but he can no longer hide. Seeing as it was a Kolar, I would think this guy would be a honest person. After all, he sent the gun after sending him a large check. Why risk a reputation on a $450 check, instead of a $7000 or more check.

9. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I was thinking 4 weeks would be enought time to call me back or email, left several voice mails and no call back, thanks Ronnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.