1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you wind up with part of a gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quailtail, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quailtail

Quailtail Member

I notice there are numerous listings for receivers and forend iron, barrels, etc.for sale. What happend to the rest of these guns? How do you wind up with various parts? I can understand how you might have a stock but confused how you could have just a receiver, or a set of barrels.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well sometimes people will offer you a ridiculously high price for something and you say "OH He ll Yea" and sell it to them. Or May be a car or truck door closes and kinks a barrel(happened to me!) Maybe parts were lost or stolen. But those are things that come to my mind.

Jerry Lewis

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Here's my story: You find someone who's been trying for 3-4 years to sell their M12 with a Cutts compensator on it (for $450). You offer them $150. They laugh. A couple years later they call to see if the offer is still good. You buy it, pitch the barrel in the trash, take off the parts you wanted, and sell the rest.

-Gary

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I inherited a receiver and stock for a very early Lefever 12 ga single barrel shotgun. When I asked where the barrel and forestock was, I was told, "I put it in the junk pile out back about ten years ago." It seems he used the barrel to pry something open. The junk pile is still there, in the back yard, but I haven't found the barrel. Yet.

LA in MA

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Quite common with some antique guns. I have some Winchester 1885 High Walls that have little value for a collector, but their parts are worthwhile to someone restoring a gun, or for making a target rifle (which is why I bought them).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.