1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you upload YouTube

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Would someone please explain to me how to embed YouTube to the thread. Thanks, Kim

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

It's quite simple. You're not exactly "Uploading" it, you're simply making a space for it to play on. Go to the video you want to put on here and you will see a little text box off to the right of it that says "Embed". Simply copy that whole line (starts with "object..."), and paste it here. Hit submit and it should show up. Hope this helps, Josh.

3. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEbZqvMu2cQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEbZqvMu2cQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

paste the embed code in the message box

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

As dustmaker says, you don't paste it into the "Image URL" box, you put it in the message box. Josh

6. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Thank you for the clarification. I tried it and it worked. Kim

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can someone please explain to an old fart in SIMPLE EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS how to cut, paste and embed for me. God I hate computers and being old but I love trap shooting and the people involved. Please have patience with me, I try. Thanks, Dave

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Dave, it's just as simple as it sounds. You go to the "Embed" box, highlight everything (hold left click and drag to the right, or right click > Select all), right click > copy (ctrl + c) then go to the message box on here and right click > paste (ctrl + v). Hope this helps. Josh

9. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. What could I be doing wrong when I cut and paste the embed. Should I be eliminating something. Kim

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

There shouldn't be anything that needs to be eliminated. Just make sure you are copying everything in that box, otherwise you won't get anything. Hope this helps, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.