1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you tighten up a forearn

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hrosik123, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I have a Winchester Select Energy that the forearm is loose. When I put two pieces of paper between the forearm and barrels its tight. How do you solve this problem on your own? Appreciate any help

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

With a welder and a file. Lol.

ss

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

There should be a screw in the forarm iron that can be tightend for a better lock to the barrel lug.

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have a Beretta 682 O/U. I bought an unsingle for it from a fellow shooter. When I installed this barrel the forearm was loose. I bought some lead tape from a golf store and stuck a couple of layers of this tape on the barrel that fits inside the forearm. The forearm is now tight. The correct way to do it is have some weld placed on the barrel lug and then file it down until the fit is correct. To me, the tape works just fine. Ed

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Wrist curls work pretty good.

-Gary

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

shannon 391 is right. Unlike most shotguns, the Winchester Select Energy has an adjustable screw in the forearm iron. You'll need to take the wood off the iron and then use an extra short allen wrench to adjust it. If you do it I suggest you put a drop of blue loc-tite on the screw, in my experience they have a habit of working loose.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.