1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you renew your ATA???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioGal, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

OK keep in mind this is my first year in ATA, I know that the end of August I will have to either renew or forget it. So do you keep the same card? Can you just pay your renewal at a shoot in September? Do you get a new little card to keep your scores on? OH one more thing, I was told ladies normally start on the 19 yd line for handicap, mine stated 20 yd, I could not find anything in the rule book so can somebody explain these little things to me?

Deb

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Deb- Pay your dues at the first shoot you attend in Sept. It will take a month or so to get your new card. Just draw a line on your existing card and write your scores below the line. When you get your new card, transfer the scores to it. You might get reduced to the 19 after the ATA computer reviews your scores.

Pat Ireland

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Also, Deb, you can call and give the (very) nice folks at Vandallia your card # and renew on the phone. About your yardage. I believe you should have started on the 18yd line, only you would have been classified in penalty, until you got the target attainment requirement satisfied. +2yds, thus, 20.

Good luck, trying to understand the rules........mike

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can renew by mail, the ATA sends out the forms automaticaly each year. HMB

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

The advise above is good. Also you can renew at any registered shoot.

Make sure the ATA has you down as a lady shooter. One of our club gals joined the ATA and they put here on the 20 yd line. A quick call to the ATA showed they had entered her as a adult male shooter. They made the change and sent her a new card.

That may be your issue since you should have started on the 19 yd line. On the application for membership/renewal there is no check box for gender.

Michael Stephenson

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

You can also renew online at the ATA website, at the link above. The online renewal application does ask for your gender.

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

If you are at the Grand you can also renew when you cashier for events - at least you could in prior years - haven't cashiered yet this year.

Scott

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I renewed on=line today. Piece of cake.

HBT

9. deking00

deking00 Member

I copied this from the rulebook. David King

C. HANDICAP YARDAGE ASSIGNMENT

A shooter will be handicapped between 18 and 27 yards and at the
    highest yardage punched on his/her Average Card, unless he/she is
    required to shoot penalty yardage.

1. New lady shooter - new lady shooters will be assigned a handicap
    of 19.0 yards.

10. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Thanks for all your help...I will just signup at the next shoot in September, and I will make a little phone call to the nice people in Vandalia and ask about my yardage assignment. I know its just a yard and you think it would be a lot easier! OH well...thanks for everybodies comments..

Deb

11. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Mike Poore,

No one starts at the 18. Ever. That yardaga is for reductions only.

Tim

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

What's the 17 yard line for??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.