1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you make larger shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mikee, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikee

mikee TS Member

Shooters....Can anyone there advise on how to make larger (size 4, 5, 6) lead shot. On a previous thread Ellen tells me that the Better shot maker does not make acceptable shot at these sizes. Jim Stewart tried but it did not work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Glue a couple of the little pellets together ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Put a whole bunch in a melon baller and squeeze hard.

HM

4. mikee

mikee TS Member

Why don't you two A H's, WPT and halfmile, put your little pellets together and squeeze hard. You's would probably enjoy it. In all walks of life we will still come into contact with d..k h...ds. Do you not think a mature answer would have made more impact on all the other real shooters on this forum?.

Mike.

5. halfmile

You can't use 4, 5, or 6 shot on any trap fields that I know about.

And the proper vernacular is "youse".

Feel better now?

HM

6. mikee

mikee TS Member

If YOUSE dont know the answer keep your sarcism to yourselves, it is the lowest form of witt youse know.

mike.

7. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Little Mikee, lighten up. A couple of guys make a funny and you call them things that should not be on this board. They are funny, you are not. I would suggest that if you have a question and someone writes something funny you smile and not be rude. I hope that even if someone knows the answer that they not give it to someone as rude as you.

Have a nice day,

Mike

8. halfmile

I knew that.

HM

9. 333t

333t Member

The problem is that if you try to use a dripper larger than around 7.5, it doesn't drip but emits a steady stream of lead. Not good.

Phil

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

We have found that the hotter we got the lead, the bigger the pellets got. That was the opposite of what we expected. Lead level (head pressure) also affects pellet size. We were getting shot as small as #10 out of a set of #8 drippers and some as big as #7. All depending on the temp of the lead and head pressure. I would suspect that you could get shot as big as #6 or maybe even close to a #5 out of a set of 7 1/2 drippers if you tried real hard.

Jeff

11. mikee

mikee TS Member

It comes to those who wait,,Thanks lads.A least there seems to be some who dont go through life as if it were all a big joke, especially if the JOKES are at someone elses expense.I did not join this forum to listen to stupid remarks. I asked for assistance to a problem and initally all I got was heckling from the louts at the back.I am quite sure if 'youse' get someone to help you look up the webb there are plenty of silly childrens funny sites for your entertainment.It is a privilege to take part in discussions on this forum and read informed remarks from ones peers. It is unfortunate that all cannot take other peoples problems as seriously as they would probably take their own.

For your information I am not little........6ft 3ins....230lbs.........and can be mean as hell.

Mike.

12. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Can't we all just get along?

13. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

HMMM, Big, mean and a foul mouth. Great combination. Just the kind of person I like to shoot with.

14. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Hey lets get Mikee he'll eat it, Mikee will eat anything!

15. halfmile

That's it, keep it going. Turn a good natured jest into an allout bitchfest.

Did you walk to school, or carry your lunch?

HM

16. mikee

mikee TS Member

No. Just the kind of person who does not take any BS.Ex US marine who has encountered this type of pansy behaviour before. I dont need advice on relationships from the likes of you. I asked a question,got two sarcistic replys then when I retorted you jump in with your $2 worth which was not asked for.Put up or shut up.Let those who are interested in shooting shoot, you could join your buds on that childrens joke site.......Wouldnt that be fun now boys and girls.

Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.When I have ever been asked a question I have always given a straight truthful answer, not some snide remark that is supposed to be funny.

Mike.

17. halfmile

life is too short to be so serious. If you took offense at a couple of non-offensive jests, that's on you.

If you never made a joke, that's on you too. This is not our job, we are expected to have a little fun here. Your jock strap is a little tight, my friend. Nothing derogatory was said by anyone but YOU.

HM

18. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mikee, Give the folks at Magma engineering a call. They have drippers for #5 and 6 shot. They are made for a littleton, But they will fit the Stewart maker too.

Jim

19. mikee

mikee TS Member

Thanks Jim,just checked their site will ring tomorrow or monday. Pheew.nearly surrounded there.

Mike.

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I remeber a poster who was talking about a silo as a shot tower. If you can find that thread it had alot of info for you. Alot has to do with the temp of the day. If its to hot your out of luck. If its cold or colder you don't have to drop the lead as far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.