1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you like your Browning 725 Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by \/\/\/Z\/\/\/, Jul 29, 2013.

1. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

Anyone shoot a Browning 725 Trap model ... how do you like it?

Thanks,

--Z

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Just got one!! Will shoot it for the 1st time Thursday. Feels great, will know more when I shoot it.

Ken Rucker

3. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Don't know about the 725 trap but the sporting feels and moves like a P gun.

4. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

Would be VERY interested in your review and impressions, Ken - looking forward to it. Am especially interested in your examination of the chokes and how they pattern on the board.

Thank you, too, 4th!

Many thanks to all!

--Z

5. xsshooter

xsshooter Member

Trigger much better than the XT.

I have the MC stock, no recoil and very comfortable to shoot.

I shoot mostly SC with it and not sure if I want to move back to a low rib gun. Maybe looking to trade or sell this, but nothing to do with how the gun works or quality of the firearm.

6. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

I would be looking for the standard stock and not the MC. I have the MC on an XT model and it doesn't fit me well. The standard stock fits best ... I also like the new adjustable comb on the standard stock. More options for a personal fit.

7. Wrench1

Wrench1 Member

I have the 725 trap in the standard stock with adjustable comb. Love the way it handles and very low recoil as well. I can adjust it to fit me. The MC version was not a good fit for me. Shot a few hundred rounds of skeet and sporting with it. Have not had a chance to shoot trap with it yet. I have a 725 sporting as well, however I like the trap model, it has less recoil, and I like the high rib. Hope this helps. Ron

8. bobinwa

bobinwa TS Member

Do you fellas with the 725 Trap have the 30 or 32" barrels? I'm trying to decide on length. Any opinions/impressions appreciated.

bob

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

10. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

OK - I bought a 725 trap model, straight adjustable comb, 32 in, and I also bought the extended chokes. I am comparing it to the XT Trap MC that I was shooting. Really love the overall feel. It swings quick and the trigger is crisp. I like the high rib - keeps my head up. I'm happy with my decision so far.

11. dima.k

dima.k TS Member

If anyone interested in 725 Trap chokes pattern pictures?
    Follow the link. This is just FYI.

Chokes used: Browning F (.700), LF (.712) and Carlson's Full (.710).

Bore IDs: 0.738 both barrels

Distance: 40 yards.
    Target (black paper) width: 30" (image width = 768 px = 29")
    Red rectangle (on paper it was blue masking tape) is a place where I've aimed shotgun (bead covered it).
    Yellow circle = 29" circle - just tried to find pattern center.
    Shotgun was handheld, but this was not a POI testing.

1 oz, #8, ~1160 fps (AA hull, CB 1100-12 (pink), 16 gr of e3, Nobel Sport 209 primer)

Thanks.

12. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I shot the 725 low rib sporting in Sparta in August as a demo. I am waiting on the 725 Sporting with HR, and if it feels good, my XT will be finding a new home. The Browning rep told me that the 725 low profile style and mechanical triggers are in line for replacing most of Browning's current O/U's.

Search tags for this page
browning 725 good patterns

browning 725 trap

browning 725 trap how do they pattern
browning 725 trap what is the pattern
do you like your browning 725
how to adjust a browning 725 trap gun to fit you