1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you get the Kick ez pad off a stock?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I have a perazzi stock that is polyurethane I guess.How do I get the glue and rubber off? Safely
    Monty

2. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

The way I suggest is to take a sharp pocket knife and start at the top where the pad meets the stock and just work the knife down until you can grab ahold and pull it the rest of the way off. You could even use a rubber mallet and tap the blade of the knife to help it along.

Chad

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

pocket knife to get it started, then fishing line to "saw" the rest of the way down.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

4 lb. maul oughta do it!!

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have heard that you take the P-gun stock wrench insert it just past the pad and lift the pad several times form different angles. It will pop off.

6. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Heat it with a hot air gun and it will peel off, leaving little if any residue.

The poyurethane will take a lot more heat than you might think.

Good luck.

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Romie:

I just removed the original Perazzi pad that was glued on my MX8.
    I used a very thin filet knife. I inserted the blade at the toe
    of the stock and tapped it with a plastic hammer. I had to tap it
    about 2/3 through and the pad came off. No damage to stock or pad.

8. romie

romie Active Member

It is the cheek pad not but pad.
    Monty

9. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

If you are referring to a stick-on cheek pad, some will simply peel off. Most wont. You will be told to spray it with wd-40, use degreaser, heat it with a hair dryer and wave chicken bones over it for easy removal. Usually you will spend about a half an hour just picking and peeling and cursing the day it was installed. After the pickin and cussin subsides, GooGone works fairly well to clean up the sticky residue. Todd

10. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Dang lucky its the cheeky pad cause I was going to suggest a good ole fashioned chain saw to get the butt pad off with ... but you must be careful and delicate with the chain saw as to not take to not cut to much would out with it.

11. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"And polyurathane is a finish and not glue."
    Some of the best of the modern adhesives (glues) that you can buy today are polyurethane glues. Gorilla Glue is probably the best known, but Borden makes a very good polyurethane glue as well.

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

listen to Todd It's exactly how I do them. It's going to take atleast a half hour. Joe

13. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

I dip mind in gasoline for a while then set them afire.

14. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Romie

OK, with all due respect for Todd, I’ve removed several with a heat gun in just a few minutes with little if any residue and no damage to the finish. You have to get it fairly warm, but not excessively so.

And as a follow-up, after I fought with stick-on pads (with little or no success), I met up with Todd several years ago and had him install and properly adjust an adjustable comb and butt plate. I recommend that you do the same. His products and workmanship are impeccable and the fitting session will do wonders for your game.

Now Todd, as for the chicken bones…I would NEVER advocate their use on a stock…but…I have found that I have less missed primer drops on my Mec if I just wave them past every few hundred rounds. <Smile!>

Good luck and give Todd a call when you get it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.