1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Waterboarding???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I don't think it is "torture" and feel that it should be used in trying to save our country,,,,do you agree???

[​IMG]

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Naw not harsh enough for the biatch in the pic.

We could reduce the deficit by charging admission. I'd give a months salary to watch pee brain get waterboarded. twice that much for bammy.

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

The bigger the board, the better! puablo

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

My enemy should only hope that the worst they would receive would be waterboarding---and they would be very wrong !
    Bob

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I feel it is a violation of the Geneva Convention, the Hague Accords, and our own Constitution to hold people in limbo and abandon the rule of law. I believe our Founding Fathers would vomit if they saw the very thing they set up our constitutional protections against being done by us. These people should be declared to be prisoners of war, rebels, criminals or traitors, and the appropriate rules and laws would then apply depending on which status was declared.<br>
    <br>
    The reason torture is being gotten away with is that these people are in limbo, without status, a convenient loophole to flaunt the law.<br>
    <br>
    I am disgusted, outraged and ashamed this is happening.<br>
    <br>
    I also find it ironic that we executed Nazis and Japanese for torture and violating international law when it came to prisoners of law. And we criticized the Soviets for their gulags.<br>
    <br>
    We're better than this. This is a stain on American honor.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sorry but we are fighting people who haven't signed the Geneva doc's.

Who don't wear a country's uniform

and who cut off the heads of captured people who HAVE signed the Geneva papers

Waterboarding is acceptable and we need to do more harsh tactic's to get information as needed.

And by the way, the Constutition and its rights are only for American Citizen's

These people aren't in limbo, they are in a military confinement were they belong, they don't have a right to OUR legal system.

7. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

T. B. Bechtel, a City Councilor from Newcastle , Australia , was asked
    on a local live radio talk show just what he thought about the
    allegations of torture of suspected terrorists. His reply prompted
    his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience.

HIS STATEMENT:

'If hooking up one rag-head terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car
    battery to get the truth out of the lying little camel shagger will
    save just one Australian life, then I have only three things to say,
    "Red is positive, black is negative, and make sure his nuts are wet."

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Same rational the Nazis used to summarily execute American prisoners of war. They just "discharged" them from POW status and relabeled them as saboteurs, etc.<br>
    <br>
    And hey, the Gestapo routinely tortured those who didn't wear their country's uniform. I guess if it's good enough for the Gestapo it's good enough for us, right?<br>
    <br>
    If torture is deemed to be necessary, then it needs to be backed up by law. Not by an ad hoc end run around the law, and there need to be politicians responsible for its implementation.<br>
    <br>
    As for being held incommudicado and without charges not applying to American citizens, tell that to Brandon Mayfield.<br>
    <br>

9. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Sorry Brian, you lose on this one. Waterboarding=torture, ask some of our POW's. Hell ask someone that is Jewish and has a number tattoo on his forearm They (I'm sure) will tell you what real torture is.

10. jhunts

jhunts Well-Known Member

Legal definition:

§ 2340. Definitions

As used in this chapter—

(1) “torture” means an act committed by a person acting under the color of law specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering (other than pain or suffering incidental to lawful sanctions) upon another person within his custody or physical control;

(2) “severe mental pain or suffering” means the prolonged mental harm caused by or resulting from—

(A) the intentional infliction or threatened infliction of severe physical pain or suffering;

(B) the administration or application, or threatened administration or application, of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or the personality;

(C) the threat of imminent death; or

(D) the threat that another person will imminently be subjected to death, severe physical pain or suffering, or the administration or application of mind-altering substances or other procedures calculated to disrupt profoundly the senses or personality; and

(3) “United States” means the several States of the United States, the District of Columbia, and the commonwealths, territories, and possessions of the United States.

Below is a excerpts from: http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/18usc23402340a2.htm

The term "torture," in United States and international usage, is usually reserved for extreme, deliberate and unusually cruel practices, for example, sustained systematic beating, application of electric currents to sensitive parts of the body, and tying up or hanging in positions that cause extreme pain.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

hunts:

I agree with the last paragraph as far as the definition of torture. The rest of your paste allows way to much ambiguity.

Since decapitation is commonly used by these vermin the threat thereof should be no problem with them. A bloodstained room with a chair, a sword, and a basket would be a nice interrogation venue.

I also think the relatives of the 3500 innocents slaughtered on 9/11 should really make the decision, since they would be kinder than I.

12. jhunts

jhunts Well-Known Member

halfmile,

The first part is just the Law listed under the US Code, and it is ambiguous. No definitions of Severe or Prolonged. The URL listed has what W's administration used as criteria to define the law. It is a good read if you have the time.

13. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

The flip side of the coin is linked above. On our soil the Constitution prevails.

Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. Benjamin Franklin This is not the exact quote but very close.

The above idiot should never have drawn a breath, but due to our constitution we cannot prejudge. Soon there will come a day when gun ownership will result in arrests. Would you want the rule of law thrown out.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Kowabunga dude.

15. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Interesting question. I know how I was trained, and I also know how I feel about it. There are a couple of things to consider if you even think about stepping outside the laws of war and Geneva Convention boundaries. You can damn sure place yourself at risk in doing so (Abu Ghraib). Then sometimes the special ops side of me says the American people we protect only need to know that they are safe, not how it happens. The clueless, liberal Pelosi's of the world don't have any idea about what it takes to keep them and our great nation safe. September 11, 2001 was just way too long ago for them to remember, or maybe they didn't give a damn then either.

Honestly, the best thing to do is to always ask yourself this. Is it a legal order? From there, you do what's best all things considered. Screw the tree-huggers.

16. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

I only have two words to say, "Jack Bauer."

17. Damifino

Damifino Member

I work in DoD contracting. A few of my collegues have been through waterboarding in their previous occupation's training. They said it was a horrible experience but were not hurt or injured from it. Laughed about it a little but clearly had no interest in revisiting the exercise.

I doubt that it meets the definition of torture.

18. below 0

below 0 TS Member

If it saves ONE American life, then I would personally go there to assist...Why do some Americans (and I use the term loosely) feel that what they are doing to our Soldiers is all right, but don't want us to do anything other than show them a good time. Dale In Minnesota

19. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Waterboarding as used by our cia is torture. I was watching a movie last night and a line in the movie was "no we won't torture him, if you do he'll say anything we want to hear to get us to quit." I think that happens to be correct also. How do you know that the information you get is correct when you torture someone and they tell you what you ask? Another point is that during WWII a lot of our men were tortured and they didn't like it. After that war we had the Geneva Conference and there were rules to be in effect for warfare and the treatment of prisoners of war. I know that doesn't change how one feels about 9-11 but if we reduce ourselves to their level of actions we might as well just cut the world loose with a nuclear war and get rid of anyone who we don't want to have to deal with. I personally don't want to deal with the Spartans kicking the ass of my favorite basketball team so we can nuke them too. I know there are some trapshooters up there so you guys leave for about 300 years and then you can go back home and start up your lives again. Now that sounds crazy and maybe we shouldn't do that kind of crap and by the way fellas there is a rule to go by and we all know it. "The Golden Rule" Just go by that one rule. Some of the posters talked about hate. That is very powerful emotion and it will consume you and your thoughts and actions and your very life. Don't go that route. I decided a long time ago I would not hate anything and so far I've kept to that promise, however a few years ago doubt came to my mind about that promise and then I decided that if I were to change my mind I made up a list of actions and people that just maybe I could hate, if I ever started to use that emotion. Did I ever tell you guys about the last election???:):):):) Dan

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

All of us have enjoyed your expressions of love towards Bush the last eight years. You always come across as a sterling role model. Can't imagine the skill level needed to generate that last "paragraph".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.