1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THE PRICE OF THIS GUN?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i was at a local gun shop recently and the owner showed me a remington 3200 trap gun. years ago, one of the local gunsmith in the area, use to cut off the bottom barrel of a 32" 3200, and convert the gun to a single barrel. i asked the owner the price and he said what do you think it is worth? i said i would get back to him. have you ever seen this done to a 3200, and how does someone determine the value on a gun with this extreme modifation? over the years i saw a guy come to the club on a sunday, he decided he wanted to shoot the skeet event. he took a pidgeon grade model 12 trap, go into the club's garage and saw off the barrel from 30" to 26". i also talked to a friend of mine who is a retired gunsmith. he told me of a guy who brought in a itaha 4e years ago, and requested to place a poly choke on it. he tried over and over again to talk him out of it, to no avail. do these guns have no value after these extreme modifications. if cars have modifications, do their value go down too?
    steve balistreri

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

The only person that can determine the actual value after very dumb stupid idiotically insane modifications would be either who actually owns the gun or who is buying the gun.

If it were me ... the value of a hack job 3200 you describe would be about $10, the value of a hack job Model 12 like that would be about $10 and the value of that old Ithaca might be as high as $20.

What would you pay for hack job guns like that Steve? Do you think there values go down for them?

3. RollingBovineStuff

RollingBovineStuff TS Member

steve, how about fill us in on the big confrontation at the Waukesha Gun Club. How did it go?

4. primer

primer TS Member

I had a Diana Grade Browning 30in. Cut it down to 27in for skeet. Shot it for two years at skeet and used it to hunt. Sold it for what I had in it.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Why the hell didnt the make a unsingle out of that 3200, geez if your gonna ruin it ruin it right and finish off with some crazy looking balsa wood rib. I recently bought a 1187 that was chopped up. cut to short on stock buldging recoil pad, grip was ground to have some sort of finger grips on it and a lame looking design burnt around the checkering. I took the stock and forarm off, asked him How much for the reciever and barrel. After he pissed and moaned and told me How much he paid for the mods, I asked Again how much....we settled on a trade. Some tools for the reciever and barrel. The tools where worthless to me so I made out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how much does a gun cost at the gun place