1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you adjust Hornady Apex??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

I just used the last of my Win primers and I'm changing over to use Nobel primers, they were all I could get at the time, and I'm having a hard time setting up the press. It's not setting the primer deep enough, probably because of the size difference between the primers. I bought the press used and did not get a manual with it. I've checked the Horady site and all they have is the parts list.

So, can anyone tell me how to adjust the primer seating so that it will fully seat these primers?

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Best way to adjust a Apex is to call Hornady and Trade it for a 366 that what I did......

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OK...

Not having the tool in front of me AND assuming a 3.0 or 3.1...

Take a small wrench and loosen the locknut nut under the spring loaded primer seat (its actually underneath the moving platen) and then using a small allen wrench, back out the primer setting screw within the spring loaded hull support from the top. Re-tighten the screw underneath to lock down the setting screw and you should be done... make minor adjustments... make minor adjustments... make minor adjustments...

If I got it at all wrong... send me an email and we can work on it together...
    Lastly, if you need a 3.0 or 3.1 guide I would be happy to make a copy and send it to you.

Contrary to what the Dr. "ordered", I've got 3 of these (2) 3.1 and (1) 3.0 and have nothing but good experiences with these loaders... parts may get harder to come by in the future, but they crimp out a beautiful shell for both lead and steel recipes. Hornady service is winner too!

regards to all,

Jay Spitz

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

Cool, thank you. I will try that tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.