1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do U rate Obama on the oil spill?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

How do you rate Obama on how he has handled the oil spill? Has he acted fast enough? Has he pushed them to fix things fast enough? Is he taking care of the people of the gulf and their way of life? Rate him between 1 to 10. 1 the worst and 10 he did his best.

I give him a big "NO". I give him a "3".

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

3. over/under

over/under Member

Being in the Fl panhandle,in our community our local leaders are taking matters into their own hands. Radio ads say the feds plan is flawed. One local leader is willing to go to jail to protect our beaches in Destin. He said he took an oath to protect his constituents. I really don't see why every leader doesn't follow this lead, and just turn the Bill into BP. These are the kind of leaders we need. Now, if (when),the oil gets here it will ruin the once most beautiful beaches in the world. Just can't wait to see what this will do to property values. But Hussein been on top of it since day 1. What a friggin joke. What was the worlds luckiest fishing village will be no more.

4. over/under

over/under Member

Totally an F

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Even a disaster like this brings in politics. It is sad. For BP it is all about spending as little as possible and for Bama it is about making himself look good and protecting his political interests

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

How about a -10. He's a typical lazy Bastard, wants all the glory to massage his hugh ego, and wants to do nothing on his own. Bulge.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

He's so sincere about the Gulf disaster that today he is out stumping for another stimulus bill. If he finishes his speech early enough, maybe there will be time for 18 holes(no, I'm not referring to his Cabinet).

Score= -10

Kit

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The coast state's need to succeed from the Union just like they did back in the 1860's! Then "They" will be able to solve this problem.

The Fed's will not help unless there is "gain" for them.

The Fed's track record prove's they can't do anything right.

And my answer on the O man, is a big O! Refusing to let other country's help after day 3, the guy needs to resign, period!!

9. wm rike

wm rike Member

Pretty poor.

He has said he is angry, which is just childish. You don't get angry in these situation, you look for solutions. Roll up your sleeves and get to work.

I don't think BO or the gov't has once gone to BP and said, "Look, what can we do to help, what resources can we employ?"

Lots of verbiage about how bad it is that the industry is involved in the regulation process. Having worked extensively with EPA, I know that those regulator guys don't come up with the first iota of understanding of a problem unless that have worked first in the private sector. All the knowledge comes from the industry.

BO has turned the whole mess (and it is) into a sales pitch for alternative (subsidized) energy, and it is not being sold as energy but as a jobs program. So much for an energy policy.

This just drives me nuts. The drilling moratorium. After a half century of working in the Gulf with few problems, why shut down drilling for a half year? Drilling should be allowed to continue. People will be on their toes, and they will be watched. New regs can be formulated while drilling takes place in the background, and it shouldn't take any six months, unless they exclude the industry. Meanwhile, those rigs are going to go overseas to look for work and they ain't coming back soon.

From a development/supply viewpoint, the discoveries being made today are smaller than the ones found yesterday. We're picking the higher fruit. This means that new found reserves need to be replaced quickly (i.e., more drilling). The deep Gulf supplies 9% of our domestic consumption or close to 2% of world consumption. The potential loss of 2% of the world market because BO sent the rigs packing to look for work elsewhere should be causing panic

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

To answer your question turn it around and ask yourself what would the media be saying if Bush was still the president. He would be crucified. He has done nothing but point the blame, call out the lawyers and try to get more money in his pocket. Typical Democratic Party response.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

-10 he doesn't give a shit about anything but his ego

12. The Stive

The Stive Member

I agree with the rating of -10. He sat on his hands for almost a month. He wants us to believe that he was waiting to see whose ass to kick. This a real mess, and we do not have a leader to get the job done. John

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ok, minus 100.

Truth is painflul, and the truth here is they want to use this disaster for a push on cap and tax legislation.

Rahmbo is on the prowl, and you and I will be the ones who get bled.

See "Where is the Anger?" thread.

HM

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

-10---sjb---

15. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The biggest reason (besides political differences) I didn't vote for him was I don't believe he is capable of doing the job in the White House.

This incident further proved my doubts.

The title in the White House is too big for him.

16. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

I would give him a 1, only because he has not turned his back on this problem. From a crisis management standpoint, Obama is, at best, inept. He has never managed or directed anything to anyone's knowledge. He is not a leader or a general or a CEO. His only real demonstrated skill is activist/organizer. Given a hungry audience and a carefully prepared speech, he can get the masses lathered up, but that is the end of his effectiveness as a man. Of course, rallying the country and its citizenry is an important attribute of US President, but while O has this (one) ability, his disconnection with this country and his disdain for all things anglo alienate to a degree every person who considers him/herself "American".

Our state (FL) and the other gulf states are getting an environmental and economic roundhouse punch from this and absolutely zero effective leadership has emerged from DC so far.

17. DJM

DJM Member

George Bush and Barack Obama did not build the US disaster response system. It is a system that has evolved over the course of our country's history. Both have been judged unfairly for Katrina and the oil spill respectively. There are countless potential disasters we are not prepared for, some we cannot even imagine or anticipate. There simply are not enough dollars, manpower or resources to cover all the possibilities.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

DJM, the response time here was so putrid it had to be intentional. Along with giving the finger to foreign offers of help.

HM

19. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

It is a damn good thing this government that we now have was not there in 1941. With all of the differnt pitfalls that the Fed's have in place now Big Bang 2 would have been over by Jnauary of 1942. Let's have more big government.

Clyde

20. over/under

over/under Member

trapshooter421, It would be best for the Feds to get out of the way. They are not doing anything now. Can't even get any answers. Ohh wait we'll get back to you. In Fl we get on w/ life after a hurricane,w/o waiting on the Feds, unlike Nawlins. Why did it take Jendall (sp) 2 weeks to get an answer on the berms? And then they permitted 25% of what he wanted. Why did we turn away foreign skimmers when the oil was in a smaller area? No, wait till it spreads over the whole gulf, brilliant. Oh, we were waiting on the Feds. Get the hell outta the way federal govt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.