1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do They Know Who's Winning?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nukinfuts, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I just heard on the radio that Obama was leading in certain states, How do they know how everyone is going to vote? No one has ever asked me or any of my friends how we were going to vote..Has anyone called to ask you?..Nuc

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I did get a call last year about one contest in the fall elections.

i don't know how the polls are conducted. But the better known ones are subjuct to scrutiny and as such should be relatively accurate.

HM

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Calls are made to the homes of those that are watching Oprah and Jerry Springer, while the rest of us are at work.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    DEWEY WINS!

6. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Just last night, they were discussing the results of a well conducted national poll with a good reputation. It was based upon 600 people in the entire nation. Which is why there is only one poll that counts, even if it does take five times to count it up.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

I predict it won't even be close...Shrillary will bury Obama by a good margin (but hopefully only figuratively...ie, they won't find him in a parked car with a gun like Vince Foster).

Obama has been drawing closer...but hell, Oprah's viewers generally are not known for their high voter participation in non-general election contests, and once the serious liberals get in the voting booth and start thinking about who can beat those awful Republicans in the general election, they'll get concerned about Obama's past, his skin color, etc...and they'll push the button for the "safe" candidate, Shrillary (The Establishment Candidate).

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Nuc; Goes to show no one gives a crap what you think.

Don

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

They are all losers. HMB

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

At this stage in the nomination process Brian in Oregon very cleverly provided us with the best answer.

Pat Ireland

11. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I would think that these polls would hurt a leading canidate and also help the ones that are behind.eg.If I were a Hillary supporter and they said she was ahead.I would be less likely to vote because "she's going to win anyway".This could have the same affect for the canidate that were behind with voters...Nuc

12. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Big Dong: Good one!!!..Nuc

13. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

They use the S.W.A.G. formula............Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do they know whos winning the polls