1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOW DO I???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

How do I post a document from an e-mail or from "my documents" into a thread on ts.com? Any assistance from those of you more computer literate than I (and that's most of you, I figure) would be greatly appreciated!!

Ron

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Try highlighting the text of the document and do a copy and paste. That's how I do it.

Jim

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I copy and paste whenever I do that....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

4. ljutic73

Thanks for your help, guys...unfortunately, whenever I try to copy and paste anything, nothing happens...I highlight the text I want to copy and when I right click and hit copy, nothing happens...but it's not a big issue...just another one of those annoyimg computer things that vex me!

Ron

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ron ... after you copy it all (whatever is highlighted) you must then go to where you want to paste it and paste it ... you are doing that also arent you?

6. ljutic73

lumper...not quite sure about the pasting thing either....the prompt to paste doesn't always appear on the screen either....but, like I said, it's not a big thing...I've been on this thing for 5 years and haven't figured out copy and paste yet so there may be no hope for me at all!!!LOL

Ron

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Highlight, the hit Ctrl-c. Then go to the page, click in the appropriate field with the mouse cursor, then hit Cntl-v.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sometimes emails are tricky

Regardless

Try this --- its one more step

Open a Blank Word document- and then go back to the message- highlight it- right click your mouse or go to edit- and highlight copy

Then put the cursor on the word document- and right click mouse or go to edit again and select paste

repeat from Word document to this- same procedure

regards from the great state of Iowa

Gene

9. ljutic73

Thank you all....I will continue to explore the depth of my computer ignorance and strive to find success with "copy and paste"!

10. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Lutic73,

I have always used Brian-in-Origon's method - highlight the document of the portion of the document you want to transfer to a thread (if the whole document, use Ctrl+A) then hit Ctrl+C (coping it), then put cursor in the thread and hit Ctrl+V.

If a computer bummy like I can do it, anybody can.

I have no success when trying to copy and paste a page from my book that included a graphic, however.

Rollin

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Yeah Ron, you gotta show up at Mossleigh at least for the hot lunch and camaraderie. Some years ago I gave AJ my Windows 101 book and he finally learned that copy and paste thingee where you hold down the Ctrl key and simultaneously press the C key for 'Copy' or the V key for 'Paste'. He bought "Windows for Dummies" but you really need to get "Windows for Trapshooters" cuz it has more pictures and things.

12. ljutic73

Thanks Mike and Shawn....if I had a laptop, I'd bring it but I'm usin' an almoet 6 year old Dell desktop...but I'll be at Mossleigh anyway as long as it ain't the last 2 weeks in May, 'cause I'll be in Europe actin' like a tourist!

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.