1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I shoot 100 in 16's and 71 in handicap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by frostyman, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

One of those days. I shoot 100 in 16's and a 71 in handicap from 27. How can a person do that. Everything felt fine, weather OK but not great, shot same gun, just targets would not break. I guess that is just the way trapshooting works.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You forgot to throw some shot over your shoulder before starting the HC!

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

DB Bill,

You and I must have learned to shoot the same way. Lol. I have always felt more comfortable standing back!

Frostyman,

That's what you get for thinking! When you think, you start to aim.

ec90t

4. happy

happy Member

check your firing pins to make sure it's not broke. I had this problem, didn't affect singles or doubles but played hell with my 27 yd targets. Pin was broke striaght across.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Some days you eat the bear and some days, the bear eats you.

Wind and light conditions change and 27 yard targets may be harder to see. If this continues, you may want to check your eyes.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I recently encountered one trap where the birds simply did not spin fast enough. I wasn't the only one having trouble. We corrected the problem and our scores improved dramatically.

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

It is not every one who can do this... so try to do it with dignity and aplomb! No whinning. It can always get worse. Fred

8. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Well I am not quite putting in 71's but.........my last 5 outing were 99's from 16 yd, had a fellow shooter [who knows what to look for] watch my straight away shots at handicap. I was shooting many of my targets low and left. [most likely would never show up on 16yd] Made some adjustments......now looking forward to shoot some ATA this next week. My advise, lock that machine on straight aways, take two from each post, keep moving use your NORMAL hold points. Have some that KNOWS what to look for. Shoot as many as needed.......100-200-300 whatever.Also if you have a pattern board near bye USE IT!! Good luck

GS

9. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Well I am not quite putting in 71's but.........my last 5 outing were 99's from 16 yd, had a fellow shooter [who knows what to look for] watch my straight away shots at handicap. I was shooting many of my targets low and left. [most likely would never show up on 16yd] Made some adjustments......now looking forward to shoot some ATA this next week. My advise, lock that machine on straight aways, take two from each post, keep moving use your NORMAL hold points. Have some that KNOWS what to look for. Shoot as many as needed.......100-200-300 whatever.Also if you have a pattern board near bye USE IT!! Good luck

GS

10. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

All it takes to post erratic scores is for your timing or gun speed to be faster or slower from day to day. I once shot a 72 on the front 100 and ran the back 100 for a 172. Top that. Same gun same fields. I learned later that gun fit and coaching wasnt all I needed to work on. I had to master the move. 100 good moves=100 dead birds. 100 bad moves= 100 lost birds and the gun still shoots right where you point it. Hope this helps. Todd Nelson

11. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Frostyman, Did you eat a nice big lunch before you shot the HDCP?? That has caused a problem for me a couple of times. I don't shoot well after a meal.

Jim

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've run several 100s in singles only to fall flat on my arse in the following handicap. Did it again recently; 100 followed by a 79. It's as a result of the recent surgery on the R. arm - that's my story and I'm sticking to it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just remember few little things next time you shoot like that ...

It aint the shooter its the gun.

It aint the gun its the load.

It aint the load its the size shot.

It aint the size shot its the choke.

It aint the choke its ... its ... its ... ah heck it aint nuttin but the shooter and it takes practice, practice and more practice cause if you can do it from the 16 you can do it from the 27.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have a problem now and then after I run the singles. I convince myself that I finally have things figured out and do not have to work quite so hard to break the next event. I then have a rude awakening.

Pat Ireland

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Frustrating game, isn't it?

John C. Saubak

16. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Pat It's a very humbling sport is'nt it?

17. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

One time I shot 99 in singles, then a couple hours later after lunch I walked out and shot a >65< ?? in doubles!! and I claim to be a doubles shooter? lol

I blamed it on the Sloppy Joe's.

John

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I shot with a guy here in Arizona who broke a 65 on the first hundred from the 27 yardline and 99 on the second hundred from the 27 yardline on the same traps on the same day less than an hour apart ... We were on the last squad in the first hundred and second out in the second hundred, you want to talk about confused ... The guy won the Calcutta and was forced to buy himself for $20 because no one wanted him, he didn't even want to buy himself after the first hundred targets ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Missing 29 targets is ONE way! LOL

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.