1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

how do I set up a golf club hard case for shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Be cheap and it will cost you. Just go out and buy a proper gun case. Cabela's has a great case for your needs.

2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

The Tuff Pak is a super hard case. The baggage gorillas do not seem to be able to break them. I bought one for my up comming hunting trip to Africa on a reccomendation from a hunter that has been there 4 times. They lock securely and really protect the guns (he uses it for his $18,000 double rifle) so your trap guns should be well protected.

Oscar

3. 5141

5141 Member

I've taken Tuff-Paks to Africa multiple times,taking one to Zimbabwe next month.....
    I use a shorter version to carry my Break action shotguns on hunting or shooting trips here and abroad, cased inside in break down Boyt cases,they are about as tough and protected as you can get.....
    Have the benefit of not looking much like a gun case....

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Putting them inside a golf club case sounds like heartbreak waiting to happen. Even if its lockable, I doubt its tamper resistant enough to secure your gun properly.

If your on a budget, get a boyt takedown case, and transport inside a pelican or storm gun case. Plenty of room for it and some clothes, gear, ect.

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Golf clubs have the highest theft rate of everything stolen out of airline baggage. Why would you want your guns to look like golf clubs???

just a thot

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

these guys make the best gun cases on the planet. If there is not a stock size that fits you they will make anything

http://www.ziegeleng.com/

I have six of tehm and they will prolly be around after the zombies are gone.
    Some of my bud's guns went to Africa and back in one of these and they didn't even lose zero w/ the scopes.

you'll be happy you tried them

Charlie

7. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

Gary dont forget you will be carrying my water to

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Gary, I have run all over with an SKB case and Boyt takedown soft cases.

It's very protective and as baggage monkey proof as anything else. I have a plumbing company name and biohazard stickers on mine, tho. :)

Do NOT use a TSA lock, tho. I think that advice is on their website, even.

Bob

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You might be setting yourself up for disappointment at the airport...

Firearms can only be shipped in airline approved cases - they mean approved for the shipping of firearms.

I do not think a golf club case will satisfy all airline personell...

Food for thought.

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Let me suggest you have some of your gear, including your shotguns by either the Post Office or FedX so they will be waiting for you when you get there.

From your description of your physical conditon you don't want to be keeping track of a lot of different bags -- make it easy on yourself.

11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Firearms can only be shipped in airline approved cases

TSA

The firearm must be in a hard-sided container.

The container must be locked. A locked container is defined as one that completely secures the firearm from access by anyone other than you. Cases that can be pulled open with little effort do not meet this criterion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.