1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I set the combo on my perazzi case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kemco01, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kemco01

kemco01 TS Member

I bought a newer Perazzi case. A silver combo one. It has a red plastic thread running through the combination dials.

How do I set the combination? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Mike

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Pull the red plastic piece, push the latch to the left and hold it while you set the new combination and then release the latch. New combination is now set.

3. kemco01

kemco01 TS Member

Thanks Gary. so easy a caveman can do it!

4. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I used to set all the combinations on my gun cases until one day I forgot one of them while out of town. Tried everything, even going thru 999, to no availe. Finally had to saw the hasp off and then have it fixed later. Then, finally, it dawned on me why would a thief spend time opening a gun case to steal a gun? Wouldn't he just grab the case and haul A$$ with the whole thing? Of course he would, now I just leave them at 000 like they come from the factory. When they are at home they are in my safe. Never have to remember or forget a combination now.

Good shooting!

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

DON'T DO IT!

Setting the combination on a Perazzi case is a complete waste of time, because the locks are made of cheese and can be levered off with a fingernail file or a strong tooth pick. Besides, if someone wants to steal your gun, they'll take the whole case anyway.

And in the meantime, you will constantly find the combination has slipped one digit or the like, and you have to screw around trying to get the combo set again. It just ain't worth it. Just leave the little red thingies in there (which will stop the combo from changing) and enjoy your new gun.

Don't ask me how I know all this.

Ted K.

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I hate combo locks. Have the on a Browning case, (set combo is 233). Got to range, and one side wouldn't unlatch. I don't know how it got reset, but it is easy to believe that it could be done accidentally. I tried everything close to the combo - a screwdriver turned out to be the answer. Really was annoying however.

I have removed all of the remaining combo locks I have.

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just use the super secret code "000" like the rest of us do.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

911 works, easy to remember.

Son's birthday 092 left 775 right. He was born 9 27 75

rifle calibers 243, 223, 204 etc.

You just need an association and it will be easy.

But as said, those locks are only to confuse TSA dopes.

HM

9. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Halfmile -

The problem is not remembering the combo (that's easy), it's that the combo can change inadvertently. I have a very nice all leather ammo carrier that has a combo lock on it, and the combo changed at some point. Now it doesn't close well and comes open all the time. I think that's because the lock doesn't get fully closed, and that's because the combo may not be right, and I'm just not willing at the moment to try all 1000 possible solutions to this problem.

If you leave the red plastic gizmo in the lock, this can't happen.

And locking the clasp on a small box is the ultimate in futility - anyone who wants what's in it will take the box, not open it and take the contents. Where else can he find such a convenient way to carry off the goods?

Ted K.

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Lock is needed when driving thru certin states,, NJ and Mass among them

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ted, understood. My usage of these chintzy locks is prmarily confined to briefcases, I use one for carrying satellite stuff, another for rifle range crap like targets, stapler, calc, etc and I even have one for immportant papers.

HM

12. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Gun cases with locks are just to keep kids out as far as I'm concerned. .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning gun case locks
how do i set the code on my browning gun case
how to change combination lock on american guncase
perazzi case code
perazzi gun cases chang combo
setting combination on a gun case

setting the combo on a perazzi case

setting the combonation on my perazzi gun case