1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

How do I put forearm back in 870

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grade VI, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

Hello,
    My son took his Remington 870 Express apart to clean it and the forearm came completely out of the receiver. Could you please tell me how to put it back together? I tried but the slide bars only go in part way and bind. Many thanks......
  2. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

After I get the action bars back in the receiver, what do they connect to?
  3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

This would be a good time to check out youtube. Here is one video that shows putting an 870 back together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nsJHDa-vE
  4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

If you still can't get it back in, go to any gun club and I am sure there is someone there that can help you, or see a gunsmith. It is easy once you do it one time.
    Steve Balistreri
  5. Kalina

Kalina TS Member

The bolt needs to be pulled out and set in the notches on top of the action bars. Then slide the whole works in untill it stops. Push the retainers against the inside of the reciver and slide the forarm and bolt all the way back. I have a few 870s and do this almost every time I clean them.

Luke Kalina
  6. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

The first time really messes with ya, after you look at it and slide it in, with the bolt in the notches, and push them rails in the reciever in to let it pass thru it is like gravey.

I was a lil confused when I took my 1968 TB apart for the first time.

My 870 comp is a lil more forgiving, ya just slide it all in without dealing with the spring clips in the receiver.

Take your time, it will go back together.

Kenny U.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.