1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I make a 900 P-W not index?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Is there a way to make a 900 P-W not index when checking powder, etc. like you can with an 800 by holding up the index pin?

2. Andy Moreland

Andy Moreland TS Member

P-W sells a little powder checking kit for your gauge that includes a little plastic "test tube" that slips over the powder drop tube and catches the powder drop as the hull cycles under it. Stop part way through the next stroke, remove the tube and powder, weigh the powder and then pour it back into the hull before continuing. Call P-W for a kit.

Andy Moreland

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Pull up on the collar on the center shaft to keep it from indexing. I think it's the same as the 2000. But to check powder I simply don't lower the turret enough to index.

4. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

To get an accurate charge to weigh you have to cycle the loader just the same as you would when loading a shell. Yes, I know there are baffles in the powder and shot tubes that keep a constant pressure on the bushings. But.........If you want to be truly accurate, you need to go through a cycle at the same speed and with the same force as you would when actually loading a shell. The difference is probably negligible but it's there. And, you should average several charges. I usually use 5.

The "test tube" works well.

IMHO

The Bayrat
    Erol Tucker, POC, TX

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bryant is correct, cycle the machine normally. The speed at which the machine is cycled will effect the powder drop. You can purchase the "test tube" or you can locate a clean 20 ga. empty hull. Both work well.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.