1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get a camping spot for Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I want to get a camping spot for the grand,...... can anyone give me information on how I might do this,.??,...... I want to stay there for the entire event,.....

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call the ATA office and ask for Shawna- main office # 937-898-4638 (I don't know her extension #)

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Shawna Johnson in the Memberships Services department 937-898-4638 ext. 525 or sjohnson "at" shootata.com.

4. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

I just got a e-mail back from Shawna, " at this time we have no information regarding camping". The mystery continues but I did get a very fast response back from her..........Ken Jeffries

5. perazzi03

perazzi03 TS Member

try this 618 295 2700 ext8466 ask for denny beels. i was told that nothing was going to happen till first of february,the lady i talked to to took my name and said she would pass it on. now im just waiting.

6. razor

razor TS Member

ditto on what rich s said once they get info from idnr should be around first of feb, razor

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They need to change the entire process for camping spots at Sparta. After last year, I gave up. Is she a State employee?

8. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Nicky is not doing the camping anymore, they are now waiting to see if the ata is going to take it over, right now until the ata has decided you are not going to know anything.But I talked to Nicky for a year and I wasted my time, she would e-mail me back and say she is the one and now I have been told she is not doing it anymore,I don't even think I'm one the list, if you want to just hear the same thing I am telling you call the sparta complex yourself.

9. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

I just talked to IDNR on Friday and they have a Dan Beers that is working with the ATA, in my opinion. A Michelle Silver was working with Nicky Christian for RV sites. Michelle's ph # at IDNR is 217-785-8610. She sent an email to Dan Beers and he called me about the sites not more than an hour or two after Michell's email to him. They have 100 sites avaiable for leases and a waiting list of about 75. He put a space for me behind my name for the 5 year lease. Dan Beers # is 618-295-2700. Hopefully this will help.

I had tried to call the Pres of ATA and was able to talk to his secratary(sp)and he was out of his office. The next one on the list, at ATA website, was a VP in Canada. Called his cell phone and talked to him for about a min. only to find out things are in the 2 weeks plus range of posting to ATA web site. ATA can't get organized to start booking. You will be better off to talk to the IDNR and get put on a list that they are coordinating with ATA.

The people at the IDNR have been very helpful and accommodating. More than the ATA. They,IDNR, act like they want to help you and the ATA acts like they could care less and you can tell it by the sound of the voice and lack of enthusiasm. Are they that depressed in the office?

Darwin

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think they should do it like the Oklahoma Land Rush. Everybody starts in Marissa and first camper to a spot stakes their claim.

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

No so fast there Barry, I laid clain with a check the first year. Got several left so no squatters in my hood. Jake

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.