1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I 'adjust' my Jones Adjuster?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

How do I

With so many ways to move my Jones Adjuster, is there a way to know for sure that it's in the 'optimal' position? I have it canted counter-clockwise to fit the shoulder pocket better, but that's all I know. How about up/down, left/right? Thanks for any guidance.

LA in MA

2. LukeG

LukeG Member

The best way I found to adjust mine was this method...

Remove the buttpad and loosen the screws just slightly so the adjuster plate can move sideways and vertically, but keep it tight enough so it will stay in place. Mount the gun as you normally would move it around so the plate is in a position that is good for you. Carefully unmount the gun and tighten the screws down. Put the buttpad back on and try out the fit. Make small adjustments as necessary until you get the perfect fit you want.

That method may not work for everyone, but it worked great for me.

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Adjust it so you can shoot with your head and neck in a natural, upright posture and not leaned/tilted forward or to the side.

Make sure that you are not rotating the recoil pad (creating cast at the toe) because the pitch on your gun is wrong. With the pad in the original position, the entire pad should make simultaneous contact with your shoulder when you mount the gun with the top of the pad (the heel) on your clavicle/collarbone.

If this is not the case (if the bottom of the pad makes contact with your shoulder before the top when you mount the gun), the pitch is wrong (for you). You have two choices - to have the pitch corrected by cutting the stock or installing tapered spacers or to rotate the pad and put the bottom toe of the pad in your armpit. Either is better than shooting a gun with the wrong pitch.

Rollin

4. over the hill

over the hill Well-Known Member

I adjusted mine as Luke did.

It worked great for me also.

I have the older 2 screw model. I think the new model has one screw.

Give it a try.

Regards....Gerald

5. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Rebel,

I'll take your Jones adjuster. Email me with the details and I will get you out a check, Paypal, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.