1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How difficult to remove a Soft-Touch?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Singleshot, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

I just bought something with a Soft-Touch, but the length of pull is about an inch too long. How hard is it to undo a Soft-Touch installation and get back to a basic adjustable comb?

I don't just mean taking the Soft-Touch out - that's easy, but getting a plate made for the comb adjustments, loading some weight into the hollowed out stock, etc.

Can it be done fairly easily, and who would you recommend?

Thanks.

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I'm sitting here looking at the Soft Touch on my Perazzi & there doesn't seem to be a simple solution. You could possibly remove the hydraulic unit & replace it with a spacer cut to fit but you would have to devise a way to secure it. You might call Shooter's Emporium in Portland, OR at 800-323-7940 since they are the ones who build the Soft Touch. John

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Shooters Emporium will just tell you to send it to them and for about $600.00 bucks it will be shorter . It may be cheaper to put the stock on here and do a trade for a stock you can cut .

ALF

4. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

How about a little more, titewad2? What do you have to do, and have you done one or seen one that was done?

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I could do nit for you but it would cost about $300.
    Joe goldberg 231 1898

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.