1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How difficult is this game to master?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Is there any stats how difficult trapshooting is to master compared to other games? Wonder what the real average is for ALL 16 yard shooters in the ATA is?

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

...sigh...

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

No one has ever mastered it. We all miss. Even the best.

You will be happier if you set realistic but challenging goals for yourself and work to attain them.

I think the average is around 90 for all ATA shooters but Neil knows. PM him for the data.

Don Verna

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I shoot year round and my scores in the winter and on windy, blustery days are lower than my scores on bright sunny days with no wind.

That said, I shot 2000 singles in the target year just ended with a high score of 98 and a low score of 81. If I were to factor out my scores from the bad weather days my average would be about 4 points higher and I would be an A class shooter instead of a C class shooter.

I just like to shoot and I let the averages be what they are.

Ed Ward

5. smsnyder

I would think 90 is high for all 16 yard averages in the ATA.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Compared to...? Not difficult compared to tournament chess; harder than _________ (you fill in the blank). Regards, Ed

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

This game is easy as pie to learn. To become proficient at it takes a lot of natural talent. It also takes a lot of grit and desire to shoot as much as it takes to get over the pitfalls we encounter. Plain old hard work.

Expert Advise in the form of a recognized top notch clinic, absolutely will get you on the road three times faster than you alone. Harlan Campbell Jr. is my choice. The man sure helped me a bunch.

You get back just what you are willing to put into your shooting program, I haven't been shooting as much as I need to, for getting any further along. I do plan to change that this year. You just got to be hard headed and shoot a lot while applying the basics. Proficiency will come. J.W

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If it was easy we would all be bowlers.

HM

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another pointless thread by poster with nothing better to do. I really think you are going for the record of dumb threads.

Don

10. zinger

zinger Member

not difficult at all as long as you don't suffer from loft disease. I'm not sure there's a cure either?

11. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Pre-pubescent children seem to have no problem with it, so I'm guessing it's not all that difficult.

12. smsnyder

BigDon Kiss my???? LOL

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

snydern you went and ruined another topic for a thread. "When should someone kiss my a??"

I can hardly wait for the next stellar topic.

Don

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The great golfer Slammin' Sammy Snead once said "A perfect score in golf is 18, but I continue to return"

Does this help????

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mastering this sport would mean a 100% average in singles, doubles and handicap and maintain that average for the remainder of your shooting career. How hard is that?---Matt

16. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Same as any sport, the never ending search for continued perfection. As a human, I know I will never obtain it. As a competitor, I continue to seek it. 'nuff said. HJH

17. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

You won't master it! The game runs in a wave action..up & down..and when your down and percever, you'll more then likely end up higher then previously. As stated above, "a never ending search for continued perfection." When you have had a great day and they pat you on the back..remember it, your turn will come to pat a few backs also.

Big Jack

18. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Earl, here are the data you requested. About one in ten learns to shoot very well, four in ten definitely know how to do it, but a quarter don't.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Neil

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I would strongly suggest the same numbers for mid and long handi cap.. and doubles.. If you have a 99% singles average and can't or don't shoot doubles.. you've learned how to turn the car on.. That doesn't make you a driver.. All it means is you've mastered singles..

I agree,shooting is a never ending learning curve..and an endurance conterst..all at the same time.. Often it's a game of last man standing.. This question makes me think of a little old Italian man who shoots in Pontacino.. His average is beyond 90% in bunker.. but he's only strong enough to shoot maybe 2 boxes of shells.. Then.. picks up and goes home..

I was graced by his help and kind words..aided by a translator 2 years ago.. Well up in his late 80's he told me.. passion and sacrafice.. Never quit..And he didn't.. He said a slump was just a chance to readjust from yesterday.. to how you must shoot tomorrow.. How I wished I could spend a month with him..

All Good.. Mike

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I don't know. I've only been at it for ten years and I still haven't mastered it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mean of pontacino