1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How did your Senator's vote on CCW reciprocity?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by grnberetcj, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We in Delaware are blessed with two democrap senators (one was hand picked by Biden)....need I say anything else?

Curt

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just like california. Got two Senators we cant vote out.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that both our the Va senaters voted yes. Both are known to be anti gun. Just remeber one thing, they will vote yes to something in hopes it blows up in our faces.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Don't put too much weight on it,,,,reid let one guy change his vote AFTER they knew it failed,,,,now the scum can SAY he is "pro" gun!!!!

One vote does not a friend make!!

5. tachyon

tachyon Member

On the democrat side this vote was a complete and total sham, orchestrated by Harry Reid. Harry and Charles Schumer knew pretty much who was voting how. They then allowed those democrats who were in tight elections where there are a lot of gun owners to vote for cloture.

Harry Reid votes "for gun rights" as he is vulnerable in his reelection campaign. Same with Kay Hagen. The best was Mark Pryor from Arkansas. He originally voted "NO" on the rollcall as Reid was not exactly sure how the republicans would vote. Once they knew that they had 60 votes, Schumer and Pryor had a discussion and Pryor was allowed to change his vote.

This was a "vote for show" and was engineered to allow some democrats to look like they were gun friendly.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Interestingly, as to Indiana, Richard Lugar, Republican, voted No; and Democrat, Evan Bayh, voted Yes. What was Lugar thinking???

John E.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Probably made a "trade" for his vote....OR did he reveal that he is really a RINO????

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

California...BOXER and Feinstein...both DEMOCRAPZ...voted NO

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Illinois... two thumbs down. No surprise here.

regards to all,

Jay

10. trench12

trench12 TS Member

not my work but done by someone that digs deep=
    I am sure everyone has heard media reports about last Wednesday's Senate vote on reciprocity between states for people with concealed carry permits. You also heard the vote was 58 in favor, two short of the needed 60 votes for passage. If you are like me, you probably didn't understand what all took place and why 60 votes were needed. After all, 51 votes would be a majority that most bills require.

After giving it some thought and reading some articles on the internet about the matter and still not fully understanding, I decided to dig deeper. Pretty soon the lights began to come on and I pretty well have the picture now. I'll explain below, and if anyone has something to add, please let me know.

The primary legislation being considered was the National Defense bill. Senator John Thune of South Dakota offered the Right to Carry part as an amendment to the bill. The vote reported by the media was on the amendment, and not the main piece of legislation. It was the amendment that was controversial, not the main bill. Those are facts. It is also a fact that both the Senate and the House count votes on controversial issues before the actual vote takes place. This allows each party to develop strategy for their particular position.

Here's where it gets a little sticky and I don't have the facts to support what I am saying, but I'm sure something very similar to what I have concluded did in fact take place. I think when the vote counters did their pre-vote checking they found some dumocrats were going to vote for the amendment because they are facing tight races in their home states. Not that they were in favor of the amendment, but more that they want votes back home in the next election. Perhaps the final vote may have been going to come in at 51 or 52, just enough to allow the amendment passage. At that point, someone like Harry Reid, or Turban Durbin says, we will filibuster the issue and not let it come to a vote and you pro gun dudes don't have the 60 votes needed to bring about cloture.

I think what happened then was an agreement between the two sides that the Right to Carry side would have to get 60 votes for passage, the same amount as needed to break a filibuster. With the agreement in place, Reid, or some surrogate, with vote numbers in hand, says to the dumocrats, okay, 20 of you can vote yea on the amendment. That will take the final vote to 58 and kill the amendment. Then the discussion had to break down to which dumos would vote Yea and which would vote Nay.

I downloaded the vote, put it into spreadsheet form, and did some sorting. My, my, how enlightening. Of the 20 dumos who voted Yea, each of them is from a state with high gun ownership. Take a look at the spreadsheet and think about the process I have outlined. I think it will become quite clear how these jerkos, on our tax dollars, play the game.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Not surprizing!! Our 2 (WA state) always vote against the Constitution of The United States!!!

They are even lower then the ground the "Slugs" crawl on. They vote on every funding that Is sent to this state to "Closing" of all roads in the Public Forrest! It makes all the Eco's Happy!!

And they need the 2 countys that make up the Puget Sound where most Eco's live to keep voteing them back in!

So much for "Representation"

12. KenC

KenC Member

Politics 101. Rule number 1, get yourself re-elected.

Same thing happened in the Colorado legislature when they voted to waive background checks for firearms purchases by those who had CCW permits. Many Colo Dems voted FOR it, with the knowledge that Dem Gov. Ritter would veto it. He did veto it, claiming the memories of the "Columbine Victims" would haunt him.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Its a pretty easy guess for Maryland..lately their brand of lipstick is whatever brown flavor encrusted around the anuses of the comrades from Commifornia...a couple of no's would be my sure bet

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

trench, you probably have a point there. Bayh (D) is up for re-election in 2010 and Lugar (R) in 2012 here in Indiana. Neither will get my vote, cause they both voted for Bush's bail out and Bayh voted for Obama's bailout.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.