1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you buy your new Perazzi in the US?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by \/\/\/Z\/\/\/, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

For those who bought new Perazzi's in the US over the past few years, how, where, and were you able to physically compare many various gun specs and selections offered by Perazzi? Thanks for the insight.

--Z

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Attend the Grand American.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Shot Show

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Visit the Perazzi USA showroom where they have all models on display.

5. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

I'm on the Eastern side of the US ... not an easy drive to CA ;-)

--Z

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They have a pretty good sized Perazzi showroom at the Grand American where you can see it all.

7. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

If you are able. to attend the Grand in August, go by and see Dan Lokker @ Giacomo.
    Their shop is near Perazzi USA. If you happen to know what you want to order and are not able to attend the Grand, I would call Dan and let him walk you through the many options. I ordered my MX8 from him and it was a great experience, especially when some minor work needed to be done, he of course did it for free.

Harvey Schwartz

8. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Thru "Ray Stafford"..........the only way for PERAZZI. "RUN'EM"

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought my most recent one from Hi Grade at a shoot in Elysburg.

Ed Yanchok

10. Steve W

Since you feel it's not an easy drive to California, The Grand is about half way. :)

I don't know many dealers carry a lots of inventories, but you might want to call a few and see what they have.

Usually people ask Perazzi owners at their club to "Handle" their guns, just to get a felling of it.

I suggest you find a current factory catalogue, narrow down the model and configuration first.

Have fun.

11. MRMOKI

MRMOKI Member

Ray Stafford. It is very helpful to talk to a really top shooter about the options. He performed flawlessly getting my MX-10 top single combo, Wilkinson, Pigeon port. Follow-up questions always handled promptly and accurately. Delivery to my FFL as promised time wise. Jim Lemmons

12. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

I flew into Burbank, rented a Shelby Mustang, drove to Pacific Sporting Arms. John took me down the road 5 minutes to Perazzi-USA. Luchio fitted me, I flew home, less than a day. So good an experience I called and ordered a mx-20 because they had my measurements. I saw just today Perazzi-usa has a new manager. Get a fitted gun, not a off the shelf model and don't second guess yourself. Notime2

13. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

Great information from everyone ... many thanks.

NoTime2 - Perazzi is all about the "perfect fit competition gun." After some research I did come to the conclusion that flying to LA or, better yet, Botticino Mattina - Italy, for a "fitting experience" is the way to do it. I posted the question to receive first-hand buying experiences from recent Perazzi owners.

I will say an extra day in LA the next time I have a reason for a trip to the west coast.

--Z

14. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Well if you have some idea about what kind of dimensions fit you, then you have a lot more options with your future gun. HiGrade and Ray Stafford (who the RS model is named after) are two of the cheapest places to buy new guns. You can save a few thousand bucks by shopping at these dealers, IF you know what you want in a gun. PUSA is a little bit limited in that they can't sell below MSRP.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If I lived on the east coast, It'd be just about as good to drive to Giacomo's and talk to Dan and the boys. They're in NY.

16. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

Do you know if we get the same kind of experience in the US as in the attached video of the Perazzi factory?

17. Steve W

JFYR, although Perazzi USA holds it's own FFL, but they always ship your guns to a dealer of your own state for delivery, your price is set by your dealer, not Perazzi USA.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

The only Perazzi I even own I won it at a shoot and it kicked more than the low dollar gun I won it with so I sold a 8,500 dollar gun for 3,000 but that was way before I knew anything about gun fit ok it was almost 2 years after I started shooting back in the early 1980's, it was a good investment I spent a hundred bucks and came out with 4,800 dollars after selling the gun for 3 grand.

But i agree with other's unless you have money to blow and want to say I got the best of the best because it cost more there.

But if you want to save some money then there are a lot of gun fitters that im sure are better than the ones at the Perazzi factory.

I would just buy the cheap wood and have a real gun fitter and wood maker custom make the wood for me and im sure yuo can get a lot better looking wood than any factory P wood for sure ok the one I had did have nice wood but for a list price of 8,500 dollars in 1983 for a single barrel gun then it should had but really it wasn't that nice.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I bought my Perazzis from dealers here in the states. One is 1985 and one in 1998. I don't see any advantage in buying a gun in Italy just to have it fitted there. If I had it to do all over again I'd buy the gun's sans wood and have someone like Wenig or DeVault make wood for me. Both are well equipped and experienced wood fitters for the American games of trap, skeet or sporting clays.

20. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Barry since Elbert and Fred are no longer @ Wenig who there is the experienced fitter there? Occationally if Mr Harlan Campbell Jr. is available I have heard that He has fit a few stocks for them. Who fits the skeet and sporting guns.

Dennis is a fine choice.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi usa store

purchasing and fitting for perazzi shotgun