1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How did the Vendors do at the Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Last year there was a good bit of discontent because of traffic-patterns and bank allocations, etc.

How did the vendors do this year?

Bob

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

At least some of the tent vendors did not do well in the storm

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We'll find out next week. Many of the same vendors will be at Cardinal.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Cam at Jaquas said they had good sales

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I helped make Wenig happy!!

6. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

i helped out the homemade ice cream sales...

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bob took lots of my money, yum-o.

8. wanderer

wanderer Member

Had a couple of Italian sausage sandwiches that were great.

However, ordered two buffalo loin sandwiches. Got back to camper, opened them, and found a piece of meat about 1 in. wide, 4 in. long and only 1/16 in thick. What a rip. No more business at buffalo bob's for us.
    Gary E. Gasaway.

9. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

The only one I spent a long time talking to was Todd Nelson (Country Gentleman)... for those of you that stopped by his trailer, he was busier than a one armed paper hanger. Very pleased they were shooting registered birds in front of him again. He had to start taking work home around Wednesday or Thursday of Grand week... said most people around him were in the same boat. One gun vendor said that he would not be back next year, not for lack of customers, but because of the rain creating a mud hole at his spot...

The farmer's co-op with the ice cream and the incredible hamburgers always seemed busy...

John

10. dshot

dshot Member

I got two guns from Jaqua's, I said I would surport them,
    great people to deal with

11. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

I bought a Blaser combo and tons of shirts, I'm happy!!!!!!1

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Gary, I bought 20 ribeye steaks from Buffalo Bob. These were about 1/2" thick. I grilled them up one night and everybody loved them. Maybe you got one that shouldn't have been served.

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

The intence Heat had to slow sales

14. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

intence?

15. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Barry.....Sales Data for your corn dogs????

16. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

I did very well at the Grand. The vendors as a whole took a real beating from the heat and equipment losses due to the 3 big storms that rolled through. Several lost tents. Bob Schults and I both lost awnings. Hottern Grannys cookpot most days. Foot traffic was scarce because of the heat and caused retail sales to suffer for most. Shooting registered targets in front of the vendors really helped this year. Vendors were excluded, with regard to proximity, from all registered shooting in 09. It hurt us all deeply.
    Todd Nelson

17. FB Man

FB Man TS Member

On behalf of the Butcher Block and the Farm Bureau, Thank you for all your business during the Grand. We had another great year. Some of those 100 degree days would have been unbearable if we didn't have great patronage from all of you. We truly appreciate your business. Bring those unpunched cards back next year.

Thanks again.

Ryan Ford, Manager
    Randolph County Farm Bureau
    Sparta, IL

18. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

Wanted to thank the employees at the Farm Bureau/Butcher Block Tent... great service... great food!
    After a cookout at our camp area one evening, six of us decided on ice cream and root beer floats. It was after 6:00 pm and we figured they were closed, but we drove to their tent anyway and didn't see a soul. As we walked back to our trucks (pouting), a young lady came running after us wanting to know if we wanted ice cream. She and two young men were cleaning up, but reopened just for us. Three of us asked her if there was any way to have a root beer float. She said that she would get some bottles of A&W from the BB side of the tent and made us some fantastic floats. As we cleansed our palettes with that brew, we all commented that those three young people who smiled and joked with us were first class at customer service.

I can't remember the last time I was in a location where I've met so many appreciative and courteous people as in the Sparta area. Hope to return many more times.

Dennis Kerns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.