1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How did Jefferson Know?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BRGII, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe,
    we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
    Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
    who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
    A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
    Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
    government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
    'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thomas Jefferson was a very smart man!

Hauxfan!

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

He was a very bright and forward thinking man. Also, my 1st cousin, 7th removed. His sister was my grandmother, 7th removed. Kind of neat, having him in my family background....

4. kolar12

kolar12 Member

If you want a different spin on this thread, read the Last Patriot. Granted, it is fiction. But it does make you think!

5. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

When JFK was President, he was at a dinner meeting with his entire cabinet, known as "whiz kids" because of their high IQs. Kennedy made a comment to the effect that the last time there was so much intelligence gathered in one room was when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

They say the largest amount of brain power in one place at one time was when Thomas Jefferson was dining alone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.