1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How common was a 28 inch IC Winchester M-12 ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jdlovejoy4, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Just curious if a 28 IC was as common as the full, or modified's Thanks Josh

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Not common.

3. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Well the gun I have has a simmons rib, which I have no clue when it was added. The barrel is marked IMP CYL and is 28 inches long. Does anyone know a way to find out if this gun came from the factory with the simmons rib. Is that even a possibility? I've seen some INP-MOD's here and there that were buid-up's and factory traps. Thank Guys

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Can you see the proof mark on the barrel? If not it is an add on rib that has covered the proof mark. There are some frauds out there where the rib has been added and it has been stamped w/ a proof mark.

5. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Thanks I'll take a better look when I get home. Josh

6. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

I have a Model 12, 12 ga with a 28 inch barrel solid rib improved cylinder Its the only one ive ever seen Richie

7. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I have a pigeon grade model 12 (16 gauge) engraved with a 28 inch imp cyl. factory vent rib barrel, how rare is that ? Dan

8. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

There is one 30" cyl. bore that I know of & it's marked as a "cyl."

Big Jack

9. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

In the hay days of american gun mfg., you could get anything. I have seen an authenticated 20 ga. M-12 25" full marked TRAP. Letter from Win. Also, a 5-E Ithica side by side 20 ga. TRAP Model, with an Ithica letter stating who ordered the gun. As for Simmons ribs. Most factory ribs were installed by Simmons. The Win Spl. rib did not have the duck bill ramp. It too was from Simmons. I had a M-42 Skeet with factory letter atesting to Factory Cutts Compensator with no choke designation on the bbl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.