1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How come no one lists location in sale adds?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by willyklouda, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

I am new and I'm having a hard time with the site in general, I'm looking for a trap gun, I look through dozens of listings and its almost a guaranteed that there won't be a location given? why is that? I live in Cleveland Ohio and would like to see if the gun is within driving distance. Alot of times there is no email address to contact also, how do you guys communicate? There is a k32 listed for sale that I would absolutely love to buy, but I have no way of telling the seller this?

Thanks in advance Willy

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

Willy

PM the seller. It is not rocket surgery.

Don Verna

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

click on the from: (name) and you will go to your PM Immediately.

Look you have a PM.
    Joe

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I've often wondered about this myself, whenever I've offered something FS or Trade I state Atlanta area usually wind up shipping somewhere anyway but still don't understand the big secret. Ross Puls

5. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

I understand the pm thing , but why not just say, "gun is located in ..." How hard is that?

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

some sell loally, some by the internet

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

One of the sites I go to requires you tell the state in your ad heading. There is a separate section for classifieds.

It's a good idea if you want to get a FTF deal.

HM

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Same reason for sign on names, Paranoia :)

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Bob. that is extrapolation crap

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I used to post my e mail in my posts but it got me some negative feed back as keeping up with PM and e mail was confusing and people were getting made as they thought they were first in line on a purchase and some times a e mail was first and the post I'll take it or PM got pissed off at me for selling to some one else even after I copied the e mail to the poster. So I now only use my PM as who offered to purchase the item first to keep it simple. If PM wants to know my location or phone number no problem I PM it to them. It is not all so simple I listed 3 cases for sale at the same time. I got e mails saying I'll take the case and I did not say which case they were referring to Buddy

11. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

Not putting your email , ok fine, but why not just say, "tem is located in ...state." how would that be a problem?

12. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

OK. For once, for all, and please take note. I am in Prescott, WI.

I can tell you one reason taht it makes sense to NOT post where you are... It eliinates the TIRE KICKERS. Thare is plenty of time during a tranaction to establish that you are within driving distance.

We did have a fellow in Indiana about a year ago that posted that he had stuff to sell, and a fllow from the southern part of the state drove up andbought th guy out and a few other promised buyers got shafted on that deal.

13. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

"We did have a fellow in Indiana about a year ago that posted that he had stuff to sell, and a fllow from the southern part of the state drove up andbought th guy out and a few other promised buyers got shafted on that deal."

So how would not listing the location have stopped the buyer AND seller from shafting everyone else?

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I agree but another one is they will advertise a shoot at a certain gun club and give no town?? Joe blow gun club means nothing if you dont know where it is

15. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Willy. Solve all our problems will ya? even the ones that aren't

16. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

MIA...I like it...very succinct.

17. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Willy

I guess my point is that the system seems to work just fine without this new minutia that newcomers want to bring in. And too, Give yourself some time on the forum before you feel the need to fix it. Buy some stuff, sell some stuff, learn from the regular posters and then down the road you may well come up with a new valid idea that will benefit all.

18. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hi Willy. My name is Tom Rhoads and I live in Indiana. I have a Ljutic for sale but I can't post pics as I am a dinosaur. At least you know what state I live in! Tom Rhoads

19. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

Well MIA , I am sorry I brought it up, Every time I see a listing I will say to myself, boy, I wonder if thats within driving distance but I don't know because its a secret. buying a 5 thousand dollar gun that I never have touched seems quite odd to me, but I guess this system works for the majority? I just will never understand why its so difficult to list where the sale item is located.

20. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Willy it's not a secret. Don and MIA have it right. PM the seller, ask where they are located, then you will have a chance to decide if a FTF is reasonable for the both of you. Simple.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.