1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How can you tell who made thin wall chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

how do you know its threaded for thin wall tubes as opposed to regular tubes?

Gene

2. g7777777

That means thin wall chokes?

3. g7777777

understand but that doesnt mean thin wall choke tubes like briley or angleport-- it just means that some conversion was done apparently by someone

I think the problem is terminology- I have always thought of only the square threaded chokes as thin wall choke tubes

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Colonial Chokes made thin wall tubes for after market application. They were used often on Brownings due to the thin walls. That might be what you have. The choke tubes should be marked as such.
    My 2 cents.
    Bob

5. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Those measurements are very similar to my aftermarket choke installed by Carlsons.

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

John once you find the right thread splurge and buy a custom choke tube if you plan on shooting the barrel Wrights will make you a tube to match the thread in the barrel and so will Briley and the extended chokes seem to pattern better IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.