1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

How are the KX-6's on resale ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rocketdog, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

How are the KX-6

Are they worth the money new? Appreciate your input.

2. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

It is tough to say what how resale will be as the product really has not been on the market in any realy large numbers.It does look alittle different and of course the outer cosmetic finish on the wood is a different approach for Krieghoff but the gun is a nice shooter.My dad just recently got one and has really fallen into a good fit with the gun.Nice trigger and a very easy pointer.Find a demo to try and you wont be dissapointed if you are looking for a nice single. Shoot Well George

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Any time you are selling something used that is still available new, especially if it is a new model for which a sizeable inventory exists, you have to price it so that it appeals to a buyer over a new one just like it. That's why cars depreciate so much the first year - if there isn't an attractive amount of savings involved with buying a used one, why would anyone buy a used one?

High-end items like luxury cars and luxury guns take an even greater hit because more of the prospective buyers of them can afford new ones, so the savings has be even more dramatic. I have no idea what you could get for a used KX-6 but it sure isn't going to be just a few hundred less than a new one.

Couple that with the fact that the gun seems to have not been received with enthusiasm by a lot of the people who post on this site and you may have to take a substantial loss or hold onto it until public perception changes.

Ed

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I sold three new ones in the last month. You couldn't pry any of them from the owners hands. Two shooters broke 25's on their first box!!

5. flasch192

flasch192 Member

friend of mine just sold his for 4300.00 with about 100 rnds threw it ........

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

flasch192, friends like yours make dealers like me lots of money. 4 rounds of Trap and a quick sale means the demand is great for used ones and your friend is in the wrong sport!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.